Dine around Florence: An Evening Food and Wine Experience8 Reviews
On this authentic experience you’ll eat like a local on a restaurant-and-bar-hopping dine around, devouring a full meal including starters, first courses, a taste of the famous Florentine steak, a digestif and two desserts. Oh and the wine of course!
- Seek out the local culinary specialties of Florence from neighborhood wine bars to famous restaurants
- Enjoy the company of a local guide who will delight in sharing their regional cuisine with you
- Explore some of the most authentic local neighborhoods in Florence; Oltrarno and Santo Spirito, where many tourists never visit
- Taste cheese, charcuterie, traditional starters, the famous steak “fiorentina”, desert, a digestif, and a gelato to top it all off
- Sip some of the finest wines in the region
DescriptionStart your tour on the iconic Ponte Vecchio as you cross into the artisanal mecca of the Oltrarno neighborhood. Stopping at some favorite local haunts, sample Tuscan charcuterie, cheeses, and fresh-baked bread along with regional olive oils and balsamic vinegars. As you eat, your guide will explain why Florence has become recognized as one of the world capitals of good eating, even within Italy and how the region of Tuscany is able to produce such quality foods. Next you’ll cross the bustling plaza of Santo Spirito and head into an enoteca, or wine bar, where you’ll be able to sample three local wines, including one of the famous Super Tuscans, along with three types of crostini. In between the the artisans’ workshops that line Via Santo Spirito, pop into one of the famous bakeries in Florence for a snack, before sitting down at a local trattoria for the main event. Next you'll have the highlight of the evening. After two authentic starters tuck into the steak that is the culinary pride of every Florentine, the bistecca Fiorentina, a thick hunk of red meat that is every carnivore's dream. But the night isn’t quite over. First enjoy a glass of dessert wine with cookies (cantuccio), then pop over to a traditional gelateria in Florence to grab a cup of your favorite gelato, invented right here in Florence. Finally, all that’s left is a stroll back to the other side of the city to help all the food settle.
IncludesAll tastings, including food, wine, and gelato Expert walks of Italy tour guide Small groups of 14 people or fewer Gratuities Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Please note the order of the sites visited may vary
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, state these prior to reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. The best efforts will be made to accommodate you to find suitable alternatives
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability