My Guide Website?
Fiesole and Medici Villas Half-Day Tour From Florence2 Reviews
Let us take you on a half-day historic adventure around Florence. See Fiesole alongside your driver/guide, the first town ever built in the Florence area, and the famous Medici Villas at Castello.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Livorno: Florence & Pisa Shore Excursion with Food Tasting
- Best of Tuscany Full-Day Scenic Tour from Florence
- From Florence: Chianti Guided Tour with Tuscan Wine Tasting
- From Florence: Parmesan, Balsamic Vinegar, & Prosciutto Tour
- Florence: Chianti Wineries Tour with Food and Wine Tasting
- Take a break from the crowds in Florence and head for the hills
- Look back over Florence from the ancient city of Fiesole
- Marvel at the famous gardens at the Medici Villas in Castello
DescriptionNo trip to Florence is complete without seeing some of the breathtaking Medici Villas for which the city is famous, and we can help you see two of the best examples in existence on our half-day guided tour. Having picked you up from your hotel, the first stop your driver will make on this tour is Fiesole, in the hills of Florence. Fiesole was originally built in the fifth century BC by the Etruscans, and later became the main Roman town of the area. Now, you can still see the Roman Theatre and several other museums, as well as take in the stunning views of Florence. After that it’s on to Castello, an area north of Florence where you can visit two of the many Medici Villas around Florence. The members of the Medici family commissioned these beautiful Renaissance Villas between the 15th and 17th centuries as a way of showing their wealth. The gardens are fundamental elements of the villa, as proven by the Medici complex of Castello. Commissioned by Cosimo I, Niccolò Tribolo designed it on the basis of the canons and descriptions of Leon Battista Alberti, and it is considered by Vasari as one of the 'richest gardens in Europe.'.
IncludesGas Parking Tolls
- Your professional driver will be a liscened tour escort (Accompagnatore Turistico). They can provide information about art, history, wine, food, and local traditions. They can also provide short walking tours, but not within museums, churches, or historical sites.