Florence: 1-Hour Cupola Entry and Guided Tour499 Reviews
See the entire city from a single point by climbing to the top of Florence's Dome. Join a guided tour with local expert guides to discover the structure's full history.
- Enjoy a spectacular view of the city
- Climb to the top of the Cupola, the highest point in Florence
- See an admirable creation of art by Filippo Brunelleschi
DescriptionThe exterior view of the Cupola is a showstopper, but the only way to see the inside of the dome up close and enjoy the extraordinary view of Florence is to climb its 463 steps. Discover how the Cupola was designed and built by Brunelleschi in 1418. Find out why the corridors are so narrow, and admire Giorgio Vasari's frescoes of the Last Judgment (1572-9) on your way up. Look down and on the base, just above the drum, see the balcony started, but never finished, in 1507. Hear about the fascinating story of the balcony and the unfinished eighth side from your guide. Once you climb to the top of the Cupola, you will be enchanted by the panoramic view of the Florence city in front of your eyes. Your guide will talk about the history and art of this Duomo Square and answer any of your questions regarding Duomo.
IncludesEntrance fees Ticket and the reservation to climb the Dome The Cupola Climb is through the dedicated reservation line Official certified guide Radio system to hear the guide Other inclusions as per the tour options selected. More details of the inclusions are mentioned under the option description. Hotel pick-up and drop off Entry ticket to the crypt, baptistery, bell tower, and Opera Duomo Museum of the Florence Duomo Entry to the cathedral (it is free of charge)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Minimum numbers apply
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, physically not fit to climb steps, pregnant women, or those suffering from vertigo, claustrophobia, or heart problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No elevators are accessible on this tour
- Pets are not allowed
- The guided tour to climb the Cupola will take around 1 hour
- The tour will be conducted in English or in the language selected
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability