Florence: Brancacci Chapel Entrance and Video Guide93 Reviews
Discover the "Sistine Chapel of the early Renaissance" with an entrance ticket to Brancacci Chapel in the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine in Florence. Admire its famous paintings of religious scenes, such as "The Temptation of Adam and Eve."
- Discover the 'Sistine Chapel of the early Renaissance' at the Brancacci Chapel
- Learn the history of the chapel with a multimedia video guide
- Admire the most famous and influential paintings of the period
DescriptionEnter the Brancacci Chapel in the historic heart of Florence, and discover the series of paintings and frescoes of the 'Sistine Chapel of the early Renaissance.' The legendary chapel is located inside the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine, built in the 13th century as part of a Carmelite convent, and given a major overhaul in the 16th century to bring it into line with the precepts of the Council of Trent. A devastating fire in 1771 destroyed much of the interior of the church and most of its furnishings. The Brancacci Chapel survived and still stands as a showcase of ecclesiastical art. The extraordinary cycle of paintings tell fabled religious narratives, such as 'The Expulsion from the Garden of Eden' and 'St. Peter Healing the Sick with His Shadow.'
IncludesEntrance ticket and video guide for Brancacci Chapel Entrance ticket to the Salvatore Romano Foundation (Saturday, Sunday and Monday only) Booking and handling fees Guide
- Access to Brancacci Chapel is limited to a 30-minute visit for a maximum of 30 people at any one time
- If you visit the chapel on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday, your ticket also includes access to the Fondazione Salvatore Romano
- Last access to the chapel is 30 minutes before closing time
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability