My Guide Website?
Florence Cathedral, Baptistery and Opera del Duomo Museum35 Reviews
Don't miss the visit to the Cathedral of Florence with its superb frescoes, the interior of the Baptistry with its Bizantine mosaics, and the Opera Museum with original artworks by Donatello and more
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Florence: Siena, San Gimignano & Monteriggioni Tour
- Best of Tuscany Full-Day Scenic Tour from Florence
- Heart of Florence: Dinner and Three Tenors Concert Ticket
- Florence: Truffle Hunting and Vinci with Lunch and Winery
- From Florence: Chianti Self-Guided Vespa Tour with Lunch
- Be amazed by the golden Byzantine Mosaics of the Baptistery
- See with your own eyes the original Paradise Doors inside the Museum
- Dream in front of Michelangelo's Pietà Bandini
- Experience the Cathedral of Florence
DescriptionFlorence is known for its unique Renaissance art and architecture. Tourists from around the world come to see the Santa Maria del Fiore Opera (Duomo Workshop), which is almost impossible to miss for those arriving into the city. In 1296, The Fabbriceria della Cattedrale di Firenze was founded by the Florentine Republic to oversee the construction of the Duomo and it is still responsible for its conservation today. Meet your guide at the central door of the Cathedral of Florence. During this guided tour you will visit Baptistery and museum of Opera del Duomo, with the original Door of Paradise, the Magdalene by Donatello, the Pietà by Michelangelo, and many other Renaissance works. From the inside of the Duomo you can admire the frescoes by Vasari and the whole Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore, and go underground to discover the crypt of Santa Reparata. A complete path that our guide will make easy access to all!
IncludesGuided tour of Dome Baptistery and Opera del Duomo Museum 72 hour ticket validity to enter the Bell Tower
- • Please note that the ascent to the Dome is 464 steps with no elevator
- Your visit to the Dome will be accompanied by a professional guide • The ascent to the Bell Tower includes 414 steps with no elevator
- Your visit to the Bell Tower is optional, and carried out on your own after the tour. You have 72 hours after the tour to visit the bell tower with the same ticket, no reservation needed
- To access the Opera del Duomo Complex it is necessary to cover shoulders and legs
- This tour does not provide discounts for children
- This tour is not suitable for people who cannot climb the steps of the Dome (pregnant women, people with heart conditions, difficulty walking, etc.)