My Guide Website?
Florence: Cathedral & Brunelleschi's Dome Skip-the-Line Tour94 Reviews
Discover the masterpiece work of Brunelleschi, the great architect who led the construction of the Florence Dome.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Gain quick entrance to the Duomo and climb to the top for breathtaking views
- Experience sweeping views of Florence
- Private visit to the Northern Terrace of the Duomo
- Admire the beautiful view over Florence from the cupola's viewing platform
- Enjoy this small group experience with no more than 19 guests per guide
DescriptionOn this small group tour, your guide will take you to the top of the Duomo, the highest building in Florence, without having to wait in line. Before visiting the Dome, enjoy a guided tour inside the Museum (or Baptistry every first Tuesday of the month when the museum is closed) to discover the old facade of the Cathedral. Then skip the line to to climb 150 steps to reach the Northern Terrace of the Cathedral, where you can admire a breathtaking view over the city of Florence and the Dome. After the visit to the terrace, climb the other 400 steps to reach the very top. Follow in the footsteps of Brunelleschi as you ascend the ancient staircase he once used for inspirational views of the city. On the way up the 463-step staircase, you will feel as though you have gone back in time, winding through the narrow passages of this elegant and ancient building. The Duomo itself is notable for the 44 stained glass windows that adorn the interior. This tour will give you the chance to discover Brunelleschi's techniques from a special point of view. You will be close to the Frescos decorating the Dome.
IncludesLicensed guide Entrance fee to the Dome, Museum (or Baptistry), Northern terrace of the Duomo, and a view from the cupola
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Dress code: You are requested to be covered from shoulders to knees (shoulders, chest, stomach and thighs must be all covered by clothing). You will need a garment (shawl, jacket, cardigan) that can cover all the exposed parts between your shoulders and knees when you enter the building. Thank you for your understanding and if please contact us if you require further clarification.
- All participants must be at least 7 years of age
- The dome visit and rooftop portion of this tour are not recommended for individuals with a fear of heights and/or claustrophobia due to the narrow spaces and staircase to the roof terrace
- The following objects are not allowed inside the Cathedral: glass objects, luggage, helmets
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered a full refund.