My Guide Website?
Florence: Chianti Wineries Tour with Food and Wine Tasting4635 Reviews
Visit 2 authentic wineries in the beautiful Chianti Hills on this half-day tour from Florence. Meet local winemakers, walk through stunning vineyards, and sample local wines and products.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Head to the heart of the Tuscan countryside on this day trip from Florence
- Visit 2 authentic vineyards and taste a variety of wines at each
- Admire the beautiful landscape of the rolling Chianti Hills
- Sample local products such as cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar
- Learn about the history and culture of the local area from your guide
DescriptionAfter meeting your guide and boarding the coach, drive to the Chianti region. On the way to the first winery, your guide will share interesting facts and curiosities about landmarks along the route. Arrive at the first “cantina” of the day, where you will be welcomed by the winemakers. After listening to a brief introduction about the winery’s history and the types of wine made there, join a guided tour of the facilities and nearby vineyards. Learn all about the winemaking process, the materials used to make the barrels, and what it takes to be classified as a “Chianti Classico”. Then, begin your first tasting session of 4 different wines. You will hear an explanation of each of the wines that you sample, as well as some tips on how to savor the wine and understand its qualities. The wines will be accompanied by local snacks produced in the region, such as cheese, bread, olive oil, and salumi. Board the bus and continue to the second winery. On the way, make a stop at a scenic lookout to observe a stunning panorama of the Chianti Hills. At the second winery, learn about their production methods, what is unique about their vines, and how weather can affect the grapes. Explore the facilities during a short guided tour, and walk through the vineyards. Then, sample another round of up to 3 wines, as the local charismatic wine producer tells you about the peculiarities of each. After some free time, head back to Florence.
IncludesReturn transportation from Florence by air-conditioned bus or minivan Services of an expert multilingual guide Guided wine tasting at 2 different wineries Tasting of 7 different wines Snacks (cheese, bread, extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salumi)
- The commentary during the coach journey may be conducted in 2 languages • You will visit 2 wineries; one a more modern, larger producer and the other, a smaller, more traditional one
- The group may be split into two smaller groups for the winery tours • After each wine tasting experience, you will be able to enjoy some free time roaming around the winery at your own pace, or simply relaxing and taking in the beautiful views of the Tuscan vineyards
- At both wineries, you will have the opportunity to purchase wine by the bottle or by the box and can take it home with you or have it shipped
- If you are traveling with a group of friends but each of you makes a single booking, there is no guarantee that you will be assigned to the same bus