My Guide Website?
Florence Dome, Baptistery and Opera del Duomo Museum Tour35 Reviews
Don't miss the ascent up to the Dome of Florence with its superb views, the interior of the Baptistry with its Bizantine golden mosaics, and the Dome Museum with original artworks by Donatello, Michelangelo and more. Book this tour now!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Climb up the Brunelleschi Dome and skip the line
- Enjoy the history of the whole Dome Monumental Complex and visit the cathedral from above
- Be amazed by the golden Byzantine Mosaics of the Baptistery
- See with your own eyes the original Paradise Doors inside the Museum
- Dream in front of Michelangelo's Pietà Bandini
DescriptionFlorence is known for its unique Renaissance art and architecture. Tourists from around the world come to see the Santa Maria del Fiore Opera (Duomo Workshop), which is almost impossible to miss for those arriving into the city. In 1296, The Fabbriceria della Cattedrale di Firenze was founded by the Florentine Republic to oversee the construction of the Duomo and it is still responsible for its conservation today. Meet your guide at the central door of the Cathedral of Florence. During this guided tour you will visit Baptistery and museum of Opera del Duomo, with the original Door of Paradise, the Magdalene by Donatello, the Pietà by Michelangelo, and many other Renaissance works. Not only this, but you will also visit the Dome, without your guide. In this unforgettable place you will be able to see all of Florence and the surrounding countryside. From the inside of the Dome you can admire the frescoes by Vasari and the whole Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore from the top. Don't miss these incredible views! After the tour, you can climb the Bell Tower on your own with the same ticket within 72 hours.
IncludesGuided tour of Dome Baptistery and Opera del Duomo Museum 72 hour ticket validity to enter the Bell Tower
- • Please note that the ascent to the Dome is 464 steps with no elevator
- Your visit to the Dome will be accompanied by a professional guide • The ascent to the Bell Tower includes 414 steps with no elevator
- Your visit to the Bell Tower is optional, and carried out on your own after the tour. You have 72 hours after the tour to visit the bell tower with the same ticket, no reservation needed
- To access the Opera del Duomo Complex it is necessary to cover shoulders and legs
- This tour does not provide discounts for children
- This tour is not suitable for people who cannot climb the steps of the Dome (pregnant women, people with heart conditions, difficulty walking, etc.)