My Guide Website?
Florence: Duomo and Brunelleschi's Dome Small Group Tour163 Reviews
Discover the Duomo of Florence with an experienced guide. Climb Brunelleschi's Dome and benefit from priority access to the Museum and Baptistery with a 72-hour ticket.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Benefit from exclusive access to the Cathedral with Brunelleschi's Pass
- Explore the Duomo Museum and learn about Renaissance masterpieces
- Climb Brunelleschi's dome and get unparalleled views of the city
- Get priority access to the Baptistery and take a look at the Gates of Paradise
- Enjoy the most famous architectural masterpieces of Florence's religious center
DescriptionJoin your guide on a comprehensive tour of the Duomo Complex in Florence, where you'll see the key landmarks in the heart of the Tuscan capital's religious hub. Enter the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore from a separate line for small groups. Marvel at the breathtaking art and architecture. Learn about the history and significance of this iconic landmark. Uncover its secrets and hidden gems alongside an expert guide. Gain priority access to the octagonal Baptistery of St. John in Florence, renowned for its magnificent golden mosaic ceiling and striking bronze doors famously called the Gates of Paradise. Admire the intricate relief work on the decorative panels. Explore the magnificent Duomo Museum in Florence, home to an impressive collection of priceless art and artifacts from the city's rich history. With your knowledgeable guide, discover fascinating exhibits such as the original wooden scaffolding used in constructing the iconic dome. See Donatello's breathtaking sculptures and the renowned Gates of Paradise from the Baptistery. Take the time to admire Michelangelo's Pietà and other incredible works of art while learning about their history and significance from your expert guide. With your pre-reserved timed tickets, enjoy priority access to climb the 463 steps of the famous Brunelleschi's Dome, the highlight of the Florence Cathedral Complex. As you ascend, marvel at the 150-foot wide arched structure constructed 180 feet above the ground without scaffolding. Inside, appreciate the stunning frescoes of The Last Judgment by Giorgio Vasari and Federico Zuccari, considered to be among the largest fresco paintings in the world. At the top of the Dome, soak up the best experience in the city with breathtaking views of Tuscany and Florence. Your Brunelleschi Pass is giving you the opportunity to fully explore all elements of the Duomo Complex.
IncludesEntrance to the Cathedral from a separate entrance for small groups Pre-reserved tickets for the Cupola climb with separate entry Pre-reserved tickets for the Duomo Museum Pre-reserved tickets for the Baptistery Art historian guide Small group or private walking tour (depending on the option booked) Brunelleschi pass
- There is a climb of 463 steps to reach the dome and there is no elevator
- Unannounced renovation work is often done during the off-season
- The Baptistery is undergoing restoration of the mosaics of the vault
- Please keep a buffer time before your next tour as the Cupola climb may take a longer time
- Entry to the Cathedral is not guaranteed as the Cathedral is a working church and hours can change without notice due to liturgical or other reasons. The guides make every effort to enter the Cathedral with guests.
- Florence can be very warm in the summer. This tour includes portions that are outside and could be in the full sun. Please bring a hat, a small umbrella, and sunscreen if you are sensitive to the sun