My Guide Website?
Florence: Evening Wine and Food Tour with Dinner14 Reviews
Experience the food and wine of Tuscany on a guided food tasting tour. Enjoy a range of foods from local hotspots, and enjoy a sit-down meal in a traditional Florentine restaurant.
- Seek out the local culinary specialties of Florence
- Explore with a local guide who will reveal the secrets of local cuisine
- Taste wine, olive, oil, and truffle oil which are specialties of the region
- Discover the charming neighborhood of Oltrarno
- End your meal with a stroll and a delicious gelato
DescriptionBegin the tour in the atmospheric but little-visited Oltrarno neighborhood, where you'll meet your guide who is a local foodie passionate about Tuscan produce. Now it's time to get acquainted with the building blocks and key ingredients of Tuscan cuisine. Start at a family-run wine bar with a medieval cellar boasting an impressive 15,000 bottles, and sample a few of them alongside homemade olive oil and local truffle products. As you eat, your guide will explain regional subtleties and what you should be looking for in your food - both here and at home. After this warm up, it's on to the Piazza Santo Spirito, central Florence's most authentic piazza, where locals come every evening to eat in the shade of their beautiful church. You'll stop at another local favorite wine bar for an aperitivo of local wines and Tuscan cold cuts. Now you're ready for dinner. Sit down at a Florentine restaurant to try one of Tuscany's famous soups and a main course that will showcase Florentines' famous love of meat. Since you're in the birthplace of gelato it is a must-do when you are in the city. Take a quick stroll to one of the city's famous gelaterias for a cup or a cone of Italy's most beloved frozen treats. As you explore Florence's delis, restaurants, and eateries, your local guide will tell you the story of Florentine food and how it evolved from humble beginnings as cucina povera, or 'poor food,' into one of the world's most beloved cuisines.
IncludesAll tastings, including food, wine, and gelato Expert walks of Italy tour guide
- Please note the order of the sites visited may vary
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, state these prior to reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. The best efforts will be made to accommodate you to find suitable alternatives