Florence: Family Treasure Hunt Walking Tour21 Reviews
Discover the history of the Medici family and the Renaissance in Florence in a language suitable for children between 3 and 14 years old.
- Take a family orientated guided tour
- Learn about the Renaissance and the local history
- Enjoy a taste of traditional Italian ice-cream
DescriptionExplore the history of one of the most elite families of the area, the Medici family. Learn how the incredible cultural movement of the Renaissance transformed not only Florence but eventually the rest of Europe. Use this information and useful tips to solve riddles. Visit the Piazza Della Republica, the main square of Florence, which marks the center of the City. After a little talk about the history and the changes of the Piazza Republica, walk straight to the Piazza Della Duomo, which is a showstopper of Filippo Brunelleschi, Giotto, Arnolfo, and Francesco Talenti. Walk through old buildings and historical landmarks of Florence to Palazzo Vecchio, where the David’s’ sculpture by Michelangelo is placed outside the Palazzo Vecchio as a symbol of the Republic's defiance of the tyrannical Medici. The original is in the Galleria dell'Accademia. Afterward, walk past the Palazzo Vecchio and your guide will talk you through the Uffizi Gallery. This is one of the greatest museums in the world. Next, reach the most famous old bridge in Florence, known as Ponte Vecchio. Continue to Palazzo Pitti, the enormous palace with Florence's largest architectural monument of Filippo Brunelleschi. This was the former household of the Pitti Family and later of the Medici's. As you walk through the narrow roads of this ancient city, your guide will point out hidden treasures and tell you the curious secrets of the city. Finally, your guide will talk you through the artists, architects, thinkers, and political figures who led to the Renaissance. Make your final stop to La Strega Nocciola for a delicious gelato.
IncludesCertified guide Radios and headsets Sheet with clues Gelato or a bottle of water Entrance tickets to the attractions Pickup and drop-off Transportation Food or drink
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is accessible by wheelchair
- Each child will receive a sheet with notes for every clue found on the road and this sheet will be a memory of the tour
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability