My Guide Website?
Florence: Guided City Highlights Walking Tour2 Reviews
Join a wonderful walking tour through the most famous squares and streets of Florence with a local, knowledgeable, fluent and friendly certified guide who will introduce you to the beauty of this amazing city.
- See the famous Duomo of Florence
- Walk on the Ponte Vecchio and admire the view
- Let your guide share with you the best tricks and tips to enjoy the city
- Get a first orientation in the city and learn about its most important monuments and squares
DescriptionMake the most of your time in Florence with a 2-hour walking tour past the most important sites and monuments. Florence is not a large city, but its historical importance, as well as its concentration of monuments and museums, are truly amazing. Meet your guide in a central spot of the city and explore Piazza della Repubblica, where the ancient Roman Forum originally was. Walk to Piazza della Signoria, the political heart of the city. Listen to the history of the Florentine Republic, the Medici family, and the Palazzo Vecchio. Admire the sculptures that make this piazza one of the most famous in the world. Proceed to the Ponte Vecchio to admire its jewelry and hear the unique history of the Vasari Corridor, passing above it. Arrive at the Pitti Palace, which was once the private residence of the grand dukes and admire its splendor. Continue your walk through the Oltrarno, the bohemian area of Florence, which is full of artists, workshops, and lovely cafés. Cross the Ponte Santa Trinita and stop for a stunning picture of the Ponte Vecchio from this side. The tour continues along Via Tornabuoni, the fashion designer street, where you will be amazed by the beautiful window displays. Pass through Palazzo Strozzi's courtyard and admire the essence of the Renaissance architecture. Continue your walk to the Duomo to admire the Cathedral, Brunelleschi's Dome, and the Baptistery.
IncludesGuide Headset (if more than 7 persons)
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Please note that on the first Sunday of the month you will be unable to reserve tickets
- The Cathedral is not accessible on Sunday mornings
- If the queue is long, there will be no priority entrance
- This is a walking tour and does not include attraction entrance fees
- Gratuities are optional and not included