My Guide Website?
Florence: Markets and Food Tasting Tour
Taste your way through Florence on a walking food tour led by a private gourmet guide. Visit the city’s best markets, delis, gelaterias and cafés to sample traditional Tuscan products like extra virgin olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar, wine and more.
- Enjoy a private gourmet food tour of Florence
- Sample authentic Tuscan products like olive oil, balsamic vinegar, truffles, and bread
- Visit a local market and some of the city's best cafés and specialty shops
- Learn how locals eat, cook, and shop
DescriptionMeet your food-loving guide in PIazza della Repubblica, and set off by foot through the city’s winding medieval streets. Begin the day in true Italian style with a rich espresso at a café, and then head to a local market to see where residents do their daily shopping. Admire colorful stacks of farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, and taste specialty products like exceptional olive oil and balsamic vinegar, truffle crostini, and the Tuscan flatbread known as schiacciata. Learn about the origins and time-honored production methods of the products and explore typical ingredients used in regional cooking. Continue on through the historic city center, and indulge your sweet tooth with a stop at one of Florence’s favorite ice cream parlors or chocolate shops, depending on the season. Cap off your culinary adventure with a glass of sparkling Italian Prosecco and an aromatic truffle panini among the stylish avenues of the city’s fashion district.
IncludesEnglish-speaking professional guide Tastings
- • Please let the supplier know eventual food restrictions or allergies • Wear comfortable shoes