Florence: Private Tour & Discovery by Foot4 Reviews
An amazing guided journey through the most famous squares and streets of Florence with an informative, friendly and engaging guide. A private guided walking tour is the first step to get the most out of your stay here.
- Walk to the stunning Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral (Duomo)
- See the Signoria Square with its replica of Michelangelo’s David
- Walk through the Old Bridge
- Learn from a professional guide who will show you the city's hidden treasures
DescriptionAfter meeting up with your guide, you will receive an insight into the history of this Renaissance city and how this incredible cultural movement of the Renaissance transformed not only Florence but eventually the rest of Europe. Your guide will start off with Piazza Della Republica, the main square of Florence that marks the center of the City. After a little talk of history and the changes of the Piazza Republica since its origin, you will walk straight to the the Piazza Della Duomo. A showstopper of Filippo Brunelleschi, Giotto, Arnolfo & Francesco Talenti. Whilst passing the Duomo Square, your guide will lead you straight through the old buildings and some of the historical landmarks of Florence to Palazzo Vecchio, where the David’s’ sculpture (the original is in the Galleria dell'Accademia) by Michelangelo is placed outside the Palazzo Vecchio as a symbol of the Republic's defiance of the tyrannical Medici. Afterward, as you walk past the Palazzo Vecchio, your guide will talk you through the Uffizi Gallery, one of the greatest museums of the world, before you reach the most famous old bridge of Florence known as “Ponte Vecchio”. Your next stop is Palazzo Pitti, the enormous palace of Florence's largest architectural monuments of Filippo Brunelleschi and the former household of the Pitti Family, and later of the Medici's. Walking through the narrow roads of this ancient city with lots of hidden treasures, your guide will answer all the curious secrets of the city and you will explore many more interesting points of attraction to help you get the best out of your stay in this city. Finally, your guide will talk you through the artists, architects, thinkers and political figures who led to the Renaissance, before your final stop to “La Strega Nocciola” for a delicious gelato offered to you by Star Florence.
IncludesOfficial certified guide Radio system to hear your guide Free gelato or water bottle Hotel pick-up and drop off Entrance fees to the attractions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking Minimum numbers apply The tour will be conducted only in one of the following languages (English/Italian/Spanish/French), prior confirmation for the selected language is needed There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund Wheelchair accessible
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability