My Guide Website?
Florence: Private Walking Tour w/ Accademia & Uffizi Entry1 Reviews
Embark on an unforgettable journey into the world of Renaissance Florence with a top-rated local guide. Explore churches, galleries, and palaces while learning all about Renaissance art and history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the world's greatest collections of Renaissance art
- Admire the genius of Brunelleschi and Ghiberti at the Duomo
- Discover stories of power and corruption at Palazzo Vecchio
- Pay tribute to Dante and Michelangelo at Santa Croce
- Gaze into the waters of the Arno from Ponte Vecchio
DescriptionStart your tour at The Uffizi Gallery where you can explore the world's greatest collection of Renaissance art during a guided tour. See masterpieces by Giotto, Botticelli, Da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Caravaggio. Gaze at iconic paintings such as Botticelli's Birth of Venus and discover the lives of the artists and the fascinating times in which they lived. Head over to the Accademia gallery where you will have the opportunity to come face to face with Michelangelo's David, the most famous statue in the world. After this, admire the genius of Brunelleschi and Ghiberti at the magnificent Duomo which dominates the skyline of Florence. Learn about its construction and the fiery personality of its architect. Learn about Florence's mercantile past and the story of the city's guilds and merchants. Explore the beautiful Orsanmichele, the granary transformed into a market, and finally a church. Pass by Palazzo Davanzati, an exquisitely decorated palace which gives a valuable insight into the private lives of the city’s powerful merchant dynasties. See the external architecture of the Ospedale degli Innocenti, a hidden gem also designed by Brunelleschi. Learn the touching story of this hospital, which actually was the world’s first orphanage. Continue on to the Piazza della Signoria which was the political heart of the Renaissance Florence. Explore the chambers and corridors of the imposing Palazzo Vecchio, where you will learn about the power and corruption of Florence. Next pay tribute at the tombs of Dante and Michelangelo in the breathtaking medieval basilica of Santa Croce. Finally, end your private tour on the picturesque Ponte Vecchio. Gaze into the tranquil waters of the Arno at the end of your day, you will have truly experienced Florence at its magnificent best.
IncludesExpedited access to the Accademia and Uffizi Private guide Headsets (for groups of 6 or more)
- On the first Sunday of each month, entrance is free of charge, but as tickets can't be reserved ahead of time, entry is not guaranteed
- Please inform the activity provider if any travelers have mobility concerns
- Please cover your shoulders and knees otherwise entry might be refused if you fail to comply with these dress requirements