My Guide Website?
Florence Santa Croce Church Tour8 Reviews
Visit the Basilica di Santa Croce, the principal Franciscan church in Florence. Learn about the Florentine history and discover the life of Michelangelo. See the burial place of Michelangelo, Machiavelli, Galileo Galilee, Rossini and more.
- Visit the temple of the Italian Glories
- See the burial place of several Florentine and Italian masters
- Find frescoes by Giotto and a chapel designed by Brunelleschi
- Admire the works by Donatello and the monument dedicated to Dante
DescriptionStart the tour in the main square, where the famous soccer game played in medieval costumes, the Calcio Storico Florentino, takes place here every year in June. Your guide will describe in detail of all the immense artistic wealth in Santa Croce; frescoes (1380) by Gaddi in the Cappella Maggiore tell the story of 'Santa Croce', and beautiful frescoes by Giotto in the Bardi and Peruzzi Chapels show scenes from the life of St. Francis and St. John the Evangelist. On your way to the left of the entrance, see the memorial of the 19th-century playwright Giovanni Battista Niccolini built as an inspiration for the Statue of Liberty. As you walk through the hallowed walls, learn about the art of Donatello and his crucifix, one of the jewels of the Renaissance, as well as the art of Brunelleschi and the perfect architectural harmony of his Chapel of Fools. See the monumental cemetery and damaged paintings and that was destroyed in the tragic flood of 1966 and have been subsequently restored. After visiting the interior, learn about the exterior which is covered with a polychrome marble façade. Finally, the guide will tour you around the Bell Tower, Crypt and the 16 chapels. The tour takes about an hour, and you will have the opportunity to return to anything you might want to see again after the tour ends.
IncludesEntrance tickets Official certified guide Headsets to hear the guide clearly Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drinks Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Shorts or sleeveless tops are not allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled • Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- After the first validation, the ticket is valid for 48-hours. You can use it to visit locations listed on your own time
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now