My Guide Website?
Florence: Secret Food Private Tour2 Reviews
Join a knowledgable local guide for a culinary tour through the small, little-known streets of Florence. Experience some of the best food in the Sant'Ambrogio and Santa Croce neighborhoods, and discover where the locals eat and drink in Florence.
- Explore the culinary secrets of the Santa Croce and Sant'Ambrogio districts on a 3-3 ½ hours guided walking tour
- Learn from a passionate and experienced local foodie and guide
- Discover the local food, history, and culture of Florence and Tuscany
- Enjoy a signature secret dish at the end of your tour
DescriptionYou'll get to taste a variety of foods and flavors typical to Florence on this 3-hour culinary tour. Enjoy an authentic Italian food experience and discover some new favorites while learning a little about the history and culture of Florence. Before you begin exploring medieval Florence, you'll stop by one of the most beautiful cafès in the city to learn how local Florentines do breakfast. Then you'll visit one of the oldest bakeries to try a traditional schiacciata. Next, you'll meet the owner of an old local wine shop and taste his perfumed olive oil while he explains the varieties of Tuscan wine. You'll learn the origins of lampredotto, the most typical Florentine street food ever, and get to try it along with a glass of good Chianti wine before you visit a medieval church. A few streets later, you'll have the chance to experience the diversity of produce, seasonings, and drinks for sale in the local Sant'Ambrogio Market. Local residents have been shopping here since 1873. You'll get to try a selection of tasty Tuscan cheeses and salami, as well as prosciutto cut by hand, while you sip a quality Tuscan wine. Then, experience the flavors of the world-renowned Chianti wine region by tasting its famous stewed meat dish and a local vegetable soup called ribollita. Then enjoy a fresh gelato and taste pure cacao seed, while you learn all about chocolate. Finally, discover the tour's signature secret dish near one of the oldest and most popular monuments in the city.
- If you have special dietary needs, please contact the tour operator at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking to find out if this tour can accommodate your needs.
- Occasionally tours can run up to 30 minutes longer.