My Guide Website?
Florence: Siena, San Gimignano & Chianti Day Trip with Lunch44 Reviews
Enjoy a full–day experience of Tuscany's most breathtaking towns. See the highlights of Siena, the beautiful Tuscan wine country, taste genuine food and wine and stroll around San Gimignano.
- Benefit from a small–group for an intimate experience
- Explore the beautiful medieval city of Siena on a guided walking tour
- Admire the famous Tuscan countryside
- Enjoy a typical Tuscan lunch with traditional wines
- Stroll through winding cobblestone streets in hilltop San Gimignano
DescriptionHop aboard your minibus at 7:45 AM and drive for around an hour through the Tuscan countryside. Enter the heart of Siena, and start the visit with your guide. Take off through the town's narrow streets and hear stories about Siena as you go. Skip the line to see the interior of the magnificent cathedral, and pass through the shell–shaped Piazza del Campo, where the Palio horse race is held twice a year. After your walking tour, enjoy some free time to enjoy Siena at your own leisure. Move on to San Gimignano, and admire the unique Tuscan landscape as you drive through marvelous scenery surrounded by olive trees, vines and old stone buildings on your way. Stop at a family owned wine estate to relax and enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch for a taste of country hospitality. After lunch, take an easy drive to San Gimignano to finish your day. Famous for its splendid skyline of tall medieval towers, have free time to explore on your own. Discover the main street full of typical shops, have a look at the Collegiata (main church), or enjoy a gelato. Return to Florence in the late afternoon.
IncludesDriver and guide Transportation Free Wi-Fi on board Guided walking tour of Siena Entrance fees & guided visit to Siena Cathedral (only if option reserved) Light lunch Wine tasting
- Vegetarian menu can be catered for, upon request at time of booking Tour is in English only The Siena Cathedral is not accessible on Sundays or during religious celebrations Sample menu: assorted cold cuts, cured ham, salami, cheeses, bruschetta, pasta, or soup, salad, dessert and coffee, accompanied by the winery's own wines, olive oil and Vin Santo (sweet dessert wine) Operates rain or shine – please dress appropriately