Florence: Skip-the-Line Cathedral Tour with Cupola Climb3 Reviews
Marvel at Florence’s many artistic masterpieces and religious monuments with a 3-hour guided tour of the Duomo Square. Skip the line to the cathedral and climb to the top of the cupola.
- Skip the notoriously long lines of the Cathedral of Florence
- Experience Florence's Duomo Square, the city's most iconic landmark
- Visit three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: The Cathedral, Baptistery, and the Opera del Duomo Museum
- Enjoy the intimacy of a small group size
- Climb to the top of the Cupola, the highest point in Florence, and enjoy a panoramic view of the city
DescriptionMeet at the Piazza del Duomo, the heart of the historic center of Florence and one of the most visited places in the world. Learn about the many historically and architecturally significant buildings that surround the piazza, including the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, Giotto’s Bell Tower, and the Baptistery of St. John. See the exterior of the Museo dell’ Opera del Duomo and hear the awe-inspiring story of the construction of the Duomo and its cupola. The museum contains masterpieces from Renaissance artists such as Michelangelo, Donatello, Lorenzo Ghiberti Luca Della Robbia, and Arnolfo di Cambio. Learn about two shining examples of Florentine Gothic architecture: Giotto’s Bell Tower and the Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore. The museum, the Bell Tower, the Crypt, and the Baptistery can all be visited after your tour using your Cathedral ticket. Outside the cathedral, gaze up at the Brunelleschi’s staggering red-tiled cupola which crowns the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral. Take a moment to appreciate the church’s white and green marble facade. Skip the line for the cathedral and directly enter the church. Hear the story of Arnolfo di Cambio, the cathedral’s original architect and how his work was continued after his death. As you explore the cathedral, your guide will point many details and decorations that otherwise might be overlooked. At your chosen timeslot, climb up one of the towers of the church to the underbelly of the cupola, which is decorated with Giorgi Vasari’s frescos of the Last Judgement. See Vasari’s grisly vision of hell and his triumphant choirs of angels. Continue to the top of the cupola, where you can take in phenomenal views Florence.
Includes100% Guaranteed skip-the-line entry to the Cathedral (even during peak seasons) Guided tour of the Cathedral Guided Tour of the Cupola as per the selected time option Tickets and Reservations to the Cupola Official professional local guide Radios and headsets to hear the guides clearly Tickets to visit the Belltower, the Crypt, Baptistery, and the Museo dell’ Opera del Duomo Tickets are valid for 72 hours after validation Hotel pick-up and drop off Guided Tours of Bell Tower, Baptistery, Museo dell’ Opera del Duomo. Food and drinks Transportation to/from attractions
- Please note, after the first validation, your ticket is valid for 72 hours and grants entry to the Bell-tower, the Baptistery, and the Museo del Duomo.
- Please note, shorts and skirts should be at least knee length. Sleeveless or short-sleeved shirts are fine. If in doubt, carry a light shawl or long sleeve top to wrap around you when you go inside. Caps and hats cannot be worn inside.
- Please note, you may not be allowed to enter the Cathedral if you fail to comply with the dress code. In this situation, a refund or rescheduling of the tour will not be possible.
- Unfortunately, the tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please note, this tour is not recommended for participants with back problems, or who are not fit enough to climb steps, pregnant women, and those who suffer from vertigo or claustrophobia.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability