Florence: Skip-the-Line Tour with Michelangelo's David3 Reviews
There's no better way to get to know the city that launched the world into the modern era, but to navigate its narrow alleys along with your guide, discover its glorious piazzas and architectural wonders, and stand in awe in before Michelangelo's David!
- Take a walking tour of the wonderful Florence city center
- Get skip-the-line access to the Accademia Gallery
- See Michelangelo's David, a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture
DescriptionThe locals believe that the true treasure of Florence is not obvious to your average traveler with map in hand. It is what you cannot see at first glance that will truly allow you to appreciate a city whose free thinkers launched the Western world into the modern age. This tour allows you to feel not only the past greats that shaped our modern world, but also the pulsating vibe of an architecture and way of life that can be found nowhere else in Italy. Your expert Florence guide will navigate the narrow alleys with you, showing this amazing UNESCO heritage site as well as taking you to a few lesser known areas in the city center. With some of the most famous names of the Renaissance era being directly related to this beautiful city, such as Dante, Medici, Michelangelo, Machiavelli, and Leonardo Da Vinci, you will be in constant awe. You'll visit the Accademia with the famous, and unmissable, Michelangelo's David, stand in front of Florence's spectacular Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore (the Duomo of Florence) with its amazing baptistry doors, and pass by the Piazza della Signoria, the well-known Ponte Vecchio, Dante's district, and the 14th-century Orsanmichele church. Florence is not only known for its monuments and amazing art, but it is also home to some amazing Italian food. During the walking tour you'll have the opportunity to buy the best gelato in Florence and, as you pass by one of many local Italian street food vendors, you'll learn about one of the most typical Florentine dishes: trippa!
IncludesAdmissions and skip-the-line access to the Academia Gallery Professional art historian guide Small group size to guarantee a personal experience Hotel pick-up and drop-off Gelato and trippa Tips (recommended)
- • On this tour we will see the outside of the Duomo and the baptistry doors only. We do not go inside. We want to cover as many sights as possible in a day and consider the Duomo to be far more magnificent from the outside. • Bring a little cash with you, so you can buy treats when opportunities present themselves during your tour, such as gelato and trippa.
- We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability