My Guide Website?
Florence Tour: Accademia, Cathedral & lunch2 Reviews
Explore Academia Gallery and Michelangelo masterpieces. Follow your guide on a walking tour through the historic city center and then discover the Cathedral. Have a break with a typical Tuscan Lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the Accademia Gallery with a professional guide in small groups
- Monolingual Guided Tour through Florence city center and its Museums
- Exciting discovery of the Florence Cathedral magnificent artistic treasures
- Discover the historic center with its Monuments and Palaces
- Lunch in a typical Tuscan Restaurant located in the old center
DescriptionStart your Tour from the very heart of Florence with the Guided Visit of the renowned Accademia Gallery, with a total immersion in the art of Michelangelo to know his most renowned works, the “David”, and other important masterpieces such as ''I Prigioni'', ''San Matteo'' and the “Palestrina Pietà”. The young Michelangelo carved the David from a huge block of rough marble in three years, creating an imposing sculpture of absolute beauty, an icon of the renaissance model. Then you will proceed with a walking Tour which will include the outdoor guided visit of San Lorenzo Church and the Duomo complex: San Giovanni Baptistery with its bronze doors as the famous Porta del Paradiso and the Cathedral with the magnificent Cupola del Brunelleschi and Giotto’s bell tower. The walk continues along lively Via Calzaiuoli in the heart of the city, where you can admire the imposing and singular Orsanmichele Church, a masterpiece of Florentine gothic art, decorated with shrines with statues of the patron saints of the powerful medieval trade guilds. Then you reach the bustling Mercato della Paglia (Straw Market): don’t forget to rub the nose of the famous 'porcellino' (pig) and toss a coin into the fountain to bring you good luck! Going on you will find yourself in Piazza Signoria, one of the most beautiful squares in the world and political center of the city. In this “open-air museum”, you will be fascinated by the beautiful Fountain of Neptune with the imposing marble statue of Ammannati and by the sculptural masterpieces of the Loggia dei Lanzi, including the Perseus by Cellini and the Rape of the Sabines by Giambologna. Dominating the square is the majestic Palazzo Vecchio with Arnolfo's crenellated tower, one of the most famous symbols of Florence that you can admire in all its magnificence. Then, by following from the outside the spectacular elevated path of the Vasari Corridor you will arrive at the romantic Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence, and you will end this amazing walking tour admiring its renowned jewellery shops. Lunch in a typical Tuscan Restaurant located in the heart of the city In the afternoon enjoy the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, a treasure chest of inestimable artistic treasures, you will be immediately struck by the elegance of the spaces of the three naves. Lead by your expert Guide you will enjoy the beauty of the splendid marble choir of Bandinelli, the complex of the precious stained-glass windows worked by Donatello, Ghiberti and Andrea del Castagno and the singular and mysterious clock by Paolo Uccello. You will be also surprised to be able to walk on a marvelous carpet of polychrome marbles. Then, looking up, the immense precious interior of the Dome entirely frescoed by Vasari will appear, the biggest fresco in the world. The Brunelleschi's famous Dome is the largest ever built in masonry and the incomparable icon of Renaissance architecture. Please note that the order of the visits may change
IncludesAssistance at the Meeting Point Local Professional Guide at your side: Accademia, Florence walking tour & Cathedral Guided Visits Accademia Museum skip-the-line entrance and Visit in small group of max 8 participants per guide Florence Cathedral Guided Visit in small group with direct and dedicated access Earphones inside Accademia Museum Tuscan Lunch in a typical restaurant in the old town
- On the first Sunday of each month, entrance is free of charge, but as tickets can't be reserved ahead of time, entry is not guaranteed
- It is mandatory to arrive at the meeting point at the mentioned check in time. In case of delay it will not be possible to join the visit, nor to have a refund or reschedule the guided visit
- It is mandatory to arrive 30 minutes early at the Cathedral meeting point because, before the visit, after receiving the entrance ticket, it is mandatory to deposit all the objects required by the Regulations and the following types of bags at the cloakroom (Piazza Duomo, 38/r). Attention: baggage retrieval must take place at the end of the visit according to the scheduled time. In any case, the duration of the deposit cannot exceed the closing time of the cloakroom