From Florence: 2-Hour Volterra Private Guided Tour
On this private guided walking tour, you'll explore the town of Volterra. A picturesque village and - in the past - an important Etruscan center and one of the "twelve cities" of the Etruscan League. Get ready for a fascinating dive into the past.
- Discover the main monuments from the Etruscan, Roman, Medieval and Renaissance eras
- See the Roman Theater, the Cathedral of Volterra, Palazzo dei Priori, Porta all'Arco and the baptistery
- Learn about the fascinating history of the village while walking through its picturesque streets
- Enjoy the beautiful view of the Tuscan countryside all around you
DescriptionJoin this guided walking tour of the pretty little town of Volterra and fall in love with the picturesque villages of the Tuscan countryside. Walk along its ancient Etruscan buildings and visit the most important sites of the village, such as the Roman Theater, the Cathedral of Volterra, Palazzo dei Priori and Piazza dei Priori, Porta all'Arco and the baptistery. While walking through its typical streets, your guide will tell you about the ancient and fascinating history of Volterra during the Etruscan, Roman, Medieval, and Renaissance eras. Oh, and bringing your camera is strongly recommended.
IncludesPrivate tour led by an expert guide Round trip from Florence via private transfer Food and drinks Entrance tickets
- The duration of the transfer is approximately 1.5-hours each way (the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions)
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to the main sites which require an entrance fee. In case you want to visit any particular site, you'll have to buy the ticket at the place
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY