My Guide Website?
From Florence: Half-Day Taste of Tuscany Bike Tour57 Reviews
Escape Florence and explore the amazing hills of Tuscany with a local guide. Taste handmade olive oil in the countryside paired with homemade bread, local cold cuts, and a glass of Chianti wine.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Savor the taste of farm-made olive oil, Chianti wine, and quality cold cuts
- Let a local guide take you on an half-day adventure in the Tuscan countryside
- Explore the Florentine Hills and get the best views of Florence from the top
- Discover Galileo's Villa along with other amazing countryside villas and villages
- Avoid the overcrowded Florentine tourist streets and explore its surroundings
DescriptionThe meeting point inside the historical city walls of Florence is in the authentic and quiet neighborhood of Oltrarno. From here, we'll start riding outside Florence through a prestigious residential area to reach the pristine Tuscany rolling hills. If you bike regularly, this will be an easy/intermediate ride, depending on your level. There are 4 hills to climb on the tour, so please consider your fitness level or ask us in advance to upgrade to an E-bike if you are not looking for a workout (limited availability). After getting out of the Porta Romana gate, we'll face the first hill 1.3 km (0,8 miles). Once we arrive at the top, we will see villa Poggio Imperiale, an ancient Medici family Villa, that is also a Unesco heritage site. From here on (about 20 minutes after the tour starts) we will be in the Tuscan countryside! so get ready for some great views over the rolling hills, Villas, and olive groves. After another 45 minutes of peaceful riding in the hills, we'll stop at a Villa or at an ancient literary cafe (both are also farms) immersed in the countryside (depending on availability!) and tour the Italian-style gardens and the olive orchards before continuing on to your wine and olive oil tasting. Pair a glass of local Chianti wine and the handmade extra virgin olive oil with a light Tuscan snack comprised of local cold cuts, handmade bread, and farm-produced honey when available! The olive oil is produced on the premises and being a small family production, everything is organic and sustainable. Your return leg back to Florence will take you by the spectacular Piazzale Michelangelo, one of the best views of Florence where you can stretch your legs and take some great pictures of the Renaissance city. Continue downhill from there and back into Florence, finishing in the San Niccolo area.
Includes24-gear touring bike Helmet Tour guide Water bottle Olive oil tasting A glass of Chianti wine Tuscan snacks
- Once out of town (first 15 minutes of the tour), the riding is done on paved roads with little traffic
- The tour difficulty is intermediate
- This tour is 7 miles or 10 km round trip, with frequent stops (1 hour of actual riding)
- There is a total of 4 hills to climb at a slow pace (the longest being 0.6 miles / 1.2 km)