My Guide Website?
From Florence: Half-Day Taste of Tuscany Bike Tour21 Reviews
Ride through Florence into the amazing Tuscany hills and villages. Visit an olive oil winery in a Renaissance villa. Try a wine tasting paired with local cold cuts.
- Avoid the overcrowded Florentine streets
- Visit a Renaissance villa immersed in the Florentine hills
- Discover an ancient wine cellar and taste amazing wines and olive oil
DescriptionThe meeting point inside the historical city walls of Florence is in the authentic and quiet neighborhood of Oltrarno. From here, ride outside Florence through a prestigious residential area to reach the pristine Tuscany rolling hills. The bike tour starts with a 2 km uphill ride, frequent stops will be made to enjoy the views on the way up to the top of the hill. Once you arrive at the top, you will be riding your bikes through the neighborhood of the local Florentine nobility and their villas, making your way to a famous Renaissance villa tucked away in the hills beyond Florence. Stop and tour the villa before ducking into the ancient wine cellar to do your wine and olive oil tasting accompanied by a light Tuscan snack of local products. All products are produced on the premise and being such a small family production, they are only sold locally. Both the wine and olive oil are available for purchase and shipping. Your return leg back to Florence will take you by the spectacular Piazzale Michelangelo, one of the best views of Florence where you will stop for pictures. Continue downhill from there and back into Florence, finishing in the San Niccolo area.
Includes24-speed bicycle Helmet Water bottle Professional tour escort Light Tuscan lunch of local food products Winery tour with wine and olive oil tasting Purchase and shipping of both wine and oil available at the winery
- Ebike (electric bike) is available on request for €25 per Ebike. Send a message ahead of time to reserve, as quantity is limited
- 7 miles round trip (11 km)
- Departure and re-entry from town. Once out of town, the riding is done on paved back roads with very little traffic
- Difficulty: moderate
- One 2 km uphill section done at a slow pace
- Please bring your drivers license, a hat and sunscreen as the cars have sunroofs