My Guide Website?
From Florence: San Gimignano, Siena, and Monteriggioni Tour3413 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day tour of Tuscany’s villages and wine regions in the heart of the Tuscan countryside. Visit San Gimignano and the medieval town of Siena.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Escape the bustle of Florence for a day and explore the beautiful Tuscan countryside
- Drive through the gently rolling hills of the Val D’Elsa in luxury, air-conditioned coaches
- Visit the medieval town of San Gimignano, home to Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine and saffron
- Explore the immaculate town of Siena, world-renowned for its Palio horse race
- Visit a splendid Chianti estate and take part in two exclusive wine tastings
DescriptionExplore the heart of beautiful Tuscany on a full-day tour of the towns of San Gimignano and Siena, then discover the bucolic wine region of Chianti. Reach easily our meeting point by taking the T1.3 tram heading to Villa Costanza. Depart from Florence by an air-conditioned bus to your first stop, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of San Gimignano. Discover one of the most splendid examples of an Italian medieval town. Distinguished by its famous towering skyline, San Gimignano stands along the Via Francigena on the hills of the Upper Val D’Elsa. Get acquainted with the Tuscan environment with the town’s Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine, saffron, and Santa Fina pottery. Enjoy some free time to stroll through the town on your own and see its beautiful squares, architecture, churches, and side streets. Afterward, head out to a unique location in the Chianti countryside to enjoy a wine tasting. Once you hop off the bus, be guided around a splendid winery. Get introduced to the estate's fascinating history and background. Head inside the cellars to learn the secrets of Chianti winemaking together with the local host. Then enjoy a delicious wine tasting of Chianti Classico. Continue to Siena for a guided tour of its enchanting architectural styles, including the Cathedral (exterior only) and Palazzo Comunale (Municipal Building, exterior only) in Piazza del Campo. The famous shell-shaped square provides the stage for the thrilling Palio horse race, run twice every summer.
IncludesAir-conditioned bus or minivan Multilingual guide Guided tour of Siena (if option chosen) Free time in San Gimignano Visit to the Monteriggioni fortress Wine tastings Guided visit of a Chianti estate
- This tour will be conducted in multiple languages at the same time, but only English is guaranteed for the guided tour of Siena The tour itinerary may change according to the season and unforeseen circumstances Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs You can easily reach our meeting point by taking the T1.3 tram line