My Guide Website?
From Florence: Tuscany Day Trip4 Reviews
If you want to enjoy the best of Tuscany’s culture without the hassle of trying to find your way around its beautiful but often confusing country roads, this day trip is the perfect one for you.
- Take a walking tour of Siena, one of Italy’s most picturesque and well-preserved medieval towns
- Discover one of Tuscany’s gems: the town of San Gimignano, an UNESCO World Heritage site
- Indulge in an all-inclusive lunch made from local ingredients at an authentic Tuscan family farm
- Relax knowing your expert driver and your local guide have all the logistics for a perfect day
DescriptionYour day starts in Central Florence where you’ll meet your small group of no more than 14 people and an expert tour guide. Then you’ll hop into private transportation and be spirited out of the city and over to Siena. On the way out of the city, we'll pass the best panoramic viewpoint of Florence and stop to take a few pictures. A little over an hour drive away, Siena is one of the best-preserved examples of medieval Italian architecture in the world. Spared bombing in World War II, this time capsule of ancient, precarious-looking buildings is home to the Palio, one of the greatest and most dangerous horse races in the world. Your guide will immerse you in the unique history and culture of Siena as you explore its narrow streets and admire the breathtaking Siena Cathedral from the outside. Walking the hills of Tuscan towns will make you hungry and thirsty so your next stop is an authentic Italian family farm in Chianti where you will have a behind-the-scenes tour of the vineyards, winery, and wine cellars before sitting down for a sumptuous, all-inclusive lunch made from local, seasonal ingredients. Your meal will be paired with Chianti wines specially selected to perfectly complement the flavors of each dish. After indulging your taste buds, you'll stop at San Gimignano, a town of such unique architectural beauty it has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Shop for Tuscan culinary delicacies in the rustic, winding streets, or learn about the architectural marvels of the famous medieval tower houses that punctuate the city like sentinels of times long past.
IncludesExpert English-speaking guide Designated professional driver Air-conditioned transport Expertly guided walking tour of Siena Expertly guided walking tour of San Gimignano Gourmet lunch and wine tasting in Chianti
- Those with dietary restrictions need to contact us after booking the tour so we can arrange your lunch. We are unable to accommodate guests with mobility limitations, wheelchairs, or strollers on this tour. If you are traveling with a small child, please contact us before booking. We need to confirm space on the vehicle for them. Tickets for the Siena Cathedral are not included in the tour price. If you wish to visit the Cathedral, your guide will assist you. The Cathedral is closed on Sundays and for certain holy days. In order to get into the city center, we utilize small luxury minivans. This allows us to avoid the parking lots outside of the center requiring us to walk. Your guide may need to split time between vehicles on groups larger than 8. Walks comply with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Italy government guidelines for the most up to date information