My Guide Website?
From Florence: Tuscany Day Trip with Lunch at Chianti winery3076 Reviews
Discover the vineyards and medieval architecture of Siena, San Gimignano, and Pisa on a small-group or private full-day Chianti journey, with optional lunch and wine.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Savor a farmhouse lunch with homemade pasta, cured meats, and local cheeses
- Explore the splendid squares, churches, and the magnificent towers of San Gimignano
- See the Leaning Tower of Pisa and other impressive marble monuments in Pisa
- Choose from either a small-group or private guided experience
- Admire the beautiful medieval architecture of Siena and its gothic-style Cathedral
DescriptionBegin your journey of Tuscany at Florence’s central train station, where you will be greeted by your guide who will take care of you throughout the day. Head straight to Siena, Italy’s most picturesque medieval city, whereupon arrival your guide will take you on a walking tour. Look up to admire the lovely terracotta roofs adorning the buildings and marvel at the magnificent Gothic and Romanesque architecture of the main cathedral. Next, head to the hilltop town of San Gimignano, a UNESCO world heritage site, famous for the tower houses built in the Middle Ages. Enjoy free time here to see its splendid squares, palaces, churches, and magnificent towers. The last stop on your Tuscan excursion is a visit to Pisa and its iconic leaning tower. Take a stroll through the Piazza dei Miracoli and see other marvelous monuments, before driving back to Florence. Best of all, choose from either a small-group or private guided experience to make your trip special. Choose the lunch option to enjoy a homemade lunch paired with an informal wine tasting at a traditional wine estate in the Chianti wine region. Savor 4 regional wines at lunch and learn about their unique production techniques. Feast on an organic, farmhouse meal while you overlook the rolling vineyards under the Tuscan sun.
IncludesExpert guide Guided walking tour of Siena Entry ticket to Siena Cathedral Farmhouse lunch at a winery estate in Chianti (if lunch option selected) Wine tasting of 4 regional wines (if lunch option selected) Free time in Siena, San Gimignano, and Pisa
- Shared group and private options do not always offer the same languages. Please check all languages of interest to find your preferred option type
- If the Siena Cathedral is closed for religious services, the Santa Maria della Scala Museum will be visited instead
- If you are leaving Florence by train after the tour or need to get off at Pisa to catch a flight or train from there, you can bring your luggage with you. It is recommended that you book any rail travel from Florence after 9:00 PM to allow time for any delays on the return journey