My Guide Website?
From Florence: Tuscany Wine & Food Tour with Guide167 Reviews
Taste the true essence of the Tuscan wine region on a small-group tour from Florence, as you visit 3 authentic wineries and savor a typical Tuscan lunch.
- Taste local wines, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar at three wineries
- Benefit from a small group tour for an intimate and engaging experience
- Savor a fresh lunch of authentic Tuscan specialties made with local ingredients
- Drive through the idyllic Tuscan landscape and admire the rolling hills
- Discover Greve, known as the most representative village of the area
DescriptionJourney through the wine-producing region of Tuscany on a guided day trip from Florence. Visit three organic wineries and enjoy lunch with a tasting of local wines, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Take a walk in the medieval town of Greve in Chianti. Start your day trip driving through the Tuscan countryside. Reach the first winery to learn about the winemaking process. Visit the farm, the cellar and learn all of the secrets to making wine. Next, move on to another selected hilltop wine estate, where a wine expert is waiting for you to share facts and anecdotes about the process. Sit down for a light lunch accompanied by the winery's own wines and products. After lunch, head to Greve in Chianti, for a quick stop in the most representative village of the Chianti Classico countryside. Take some free time to admire the main square before continuing to the final stop, a historical family-owned villa and winery. Admire the views of Florence and one of the most beautiful Italian gardens in the area. Taste the winery’s local products, made with the deepest respect for the cultivation traditions of the region. Compare the products and the philosophies of these three different local winemakers.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned vehicle Wi-Fi on board English-speaking driver/guide Guided visit to 3 different wineries Wine tasting Olive oil tasting Lunch Free time in Greve in Chianti
- Vegetarian menu can be catered for, upon request at time of booking
- Tour available in English only
- The visited wineries are located in the Chianti area, famous for red wines, primarily made with Sangiovese grape, so the tastings are focused on red wines
- Lunch consists of assorted cold cuts, cured ham, salami, cheeses, bruschetta, pasta (usually handmade pasta), and dessert, paired with excellent wines