From Rome: Florence Full-Day Trip by Bus2 Reviews
Join the perfect day in Florence from Rome. Travel in a comfortable bus and skip the line at Florence's Accademia Gallery to gain immediate access to Michelangelo's David. Take a walking tour of the city including the stunning Florence Cathedral.
- Enjoy Florence’s top sights in a single day from Rome
- Travel smartly and comfortably by bus
- See Michelangelo’s 'David' with skip-the-line access
- Visit Florence's Duomo (from outside), crowned by Brunelleschi’s dome
- Admire the best of Florence from the streets including the Piazza della Repubblica and the Baptistry Door
DescriptionIf you are based in Rome for your holiday but don’t want to miss out on the beauty of Florence, this full-day trip to Florence from Rome is the perfect choice for you. Travel in a comfortable bus to Florence, where you will meet your local guide and make your way to the the Accademia Gallery for the first highlight of your tour. Your skip-the-line access to the Accademia Gallery will provide you with the opportunity to jump the queue and marvel at Michelangelo’s statues of the 'Slaves' and his magnificent 17 foot marble masterpiece, 'David.' Then, walk towards the astounding Florence Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, from where Brunelleschi’s dome dominates the skyline of Florence and never ceases to impress. Gaze at the Baptistry doors by Ghiberti, coined the “Gates of Paradise” by Michelangelo and observe the Duomo up close. During the walking tour, learn about the fascinating history of Florence as you visit the heart of the Renaissance civic and political center, famous for its ancient statues and glorious fountains. Rub the nose of the legendary boar, “il Porcellino” to ensure a return to Florence and visit Piazza della Repubblica, once the ancient forum, now a popular meeting place for famous writers, artists and locals. Then, enjoy some time at leisure to discover the city at your own pace. Your guide will be available to offer recommendation for restaurants, so you can try a delicious local meal in what is one of the world’s most renowned destinations for food and wine. There will also be plenty of time for shopping in Florence’s fashionable boutiques and in the market stalls, famous for their handmade leather goods. Otherwise, just take your time to wander and take in the beauty of the city, before your return to Rome.
IncludesBus return ticket Skip-the-line ticket to the Accademia Gallery Approximately 3-hours of free time 1.5-hour guided tour with an English-speaking guide Visit to the Cathedral (the Duomo) from outside Headsets Gratuities Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and beverages
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, so comfortable shoes are recommended
- No flash photos are permitted at the Accademia Gallery
- Guests with wheelchairs cannot be accommodated. The same applies for strollers or baby carriages on this group tour
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, you may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, it is strongly suggested to avoid bringing large purses, bags or backpacks on your tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability