Giotto's Bell Tower and Florence Cathedral Museums Tour6 Reviews
Climb the Bell Tower at 87 meters. Explore the Baptistry and the Duomo Museum with an expert guide.
- Climb Giotto's bell tower and see the beautiful landscape of Florence
- Visit the Baptistery of with its outstanding Bizantine mosaics and marble interior
- Explore the Museum of the Duomo with the original manufacts of genius Renaissance artists
DescriptionThis tour begins at Giotto’s amazing Bell Tower, which is almost as tall as the Dome itself. At the top of the Campanile, your tour guide will tell you about the Opera del Duomo complex. Admire the unbelievable view from the top. Next, descend the tower and explore the Cathedral's beautiful exterior. Make a stop at the Baptistery to see its famous golden vault doors and hear the story behind them. This is where Dante Alighieri, one of the most famous Renaissance poets, and many more Renaissance men were baptized. Then head to the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo to see the original masterpieces that once stood in the cathedral. Inside the museum are Michelangelo's Pietà Bandini, the Cantories of Donatello, Luca della Robbia, and the so-called 'Facciatone', which is Arnolfo’s 14th-century life-size facade. See the original Ghiberti's Paradise Gate, Donatello's Magdalene, and the original decorations of Giotto's.
IncludesEntrance fee Expert local tour guide
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with heart problems or walking problems
- Please note that the ascent of the Campanile includes 414 steps and there is no elevator
- You must cover your shoulders and legs to enter the Opera del Duomo Complex
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY