My Guide Website?
Half-Day Private Tour in the Heart of Florence1 Reviews
With this private tour you can see the historic center of Florence including the Cathedral, the Ponte Vecchio, the Piazza della Signoria, and lots of wonderful corners. Accompanied by a professional tour guide, you will admire the beauty of Florence.
- Uncover the secrets of Florence on this private tour
- Discover Piazza del Duomo and its majestic attractions
- Explore the typical shops situated on the Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge of Florence
- Visit Piazza della Signoria, and the historic landscapes around this area
DescriptionAccompanied by a professional tour guide you will explore the most beautiful sights oh Florence. The guide will be at your disposal for the entire duration of the excursion, and you can ask any questions, stopping for pictures anywhere you want. The private tour starts at Florence Cathedral where you’ll see the famous dome. Overlooking the square, this imposing building (called “Duomo”) is the most important church in the city and is considered an authentic masterpiece of Renaissance architecture. Take some time to admire the gold doors of the Baptistery of Saint John before setting off on the next leg of the journey of discovery. Next stop will be Piazza della Signoria, which has always represented the center of social and political life in Florence. During the route you will admire the picturesque corners of the city and the majestic marble statues and fountains of Palazzo Vecchio. Afterwards, the tour will be directed to the Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in the city. You can walk under its portico admiring the typical craft shops that are held here since ancient times. You'll also get the chance to visit Piazza della Repubblica, one of the highest scores of the urban reorganization that Florence has made during the Renaissance. The tour will conclude in the Dantesque district, one of the most characteristic places, where testimonials of Dante's life can still be traced.
IncludesProfessional tour guide 3-hour walking tour
- It is recommended to wear comfortable and practical clothes. In summer, bring a hat and a bottle of water. During the winter, make sure you have an umbrella with you. Due to religious celebrations, on certain dates the access to the Florence Cathedral could be forbidden.