My Guide Website?
Leonardo da Vinci Museum Private Tour in Florence's Old Town
Learn about the life, genius, and inventions of the greatest Renaissance man on a guided tour of Florence with skip-the-line tickets to the Leonardo da Vinci Museum.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Florence: Siena, San Gimignano & Monteriggioni Tour
- Best of Tuscany Full-Day Scenic Tour from Florence
- Heart of Florence: Dinner and Three Tenors Concert Ticket
- Florence: Truffle Hunting and Vinci with Lunch and Winery
- From Florence: Chianti Self-Guided Vespa Tour with Lunch
- Follow the path of Leonardo da Vinci in Florence with a 5-Star Expert Guide
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets to the Leonardo da Vinci Museum
- See more places related to Leonardo’s time in Florence and visit the Duomo (4-h)
- Enjoy the largest interactive exhibit of Leonardo's machines and devices
- Learn about the life and works of the greatest Renaissance man
DescriptionFollow in the footsteps of Leonardo da Vinci in Florence, the city of Renaissance. See places where da Vinci spent time, learn about his connection to the powerful Medici family and his rivalry with Micheangelo, and examine his genius innovations on a private tour of the interactive Leonardo da Vinci Museum with skip-the-line tickets. Immerse yourself in the true story of Renaissance! Book this 2-hour tour to discover the traces of da Vinci’s genius mind in Florence’s Old Town and visit the Leonardo da Vinci Museum. Together with your Expert Guide, you will witness the birth of the Renaissance in Florence and learn about the personal life and work of the most famous ''Renaissance man''. Places of interest include the Riccardi Medici Palace, which belonged to the Medici who employed da Vinci, learn about the plans he made for the magnificent Duomo (exterior only), and see Palazzo del Bargello, where his father worked. The main highlight of this tour will be a visit inside the Leonardo da Vinci Museum, the largest hands-on da Vinci exhibition. We provide skip-the-line tickets to the largest hands-on da Vinci exhibition to save you time. Both adults and children can learn through play with the working reproductions of da Vinci’s greatest innovations. Your Expert Guide will show you how to operate the Tank, the Catapult, the Vertical Ornithopter and many other unique machines, and share interesting facts about Leonardo’s designs, sketches, paintings and other works. Choose the 4-hour option to see more places related to Leonardo’s legacy and visit the Duomo (Florence Cathedral). This is your chance to learn more about the Renaissance and its people and admire the stunning architecture and art of the Duomo inside and out. You will also see the iconic Palazzo Vecchio, Neptune’s Fountain and a replica of Michelangelo’s David in the Piazza della Signoria. The guide will also show you to the statues of Leonardo da Vinci, Lorenzo de’ Medici, Giotto, Galileo, and other historical figures, and tell you all about the plans da Vinci had for the Arno River as you walk along Ponte Vecchio.
IncludesRenaissance Walking Tour of the Old Town, Leonardo da Vinci Museum, and Duomo (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Skip-the-line tickets to the Leonardo da Vinci Museum (all options) Facts and anecdotes about the life and work of Leonardo da Vinci Free entry to the Duomo and an extended tour of the Old Town (4-hour option only)
- Check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Our pre-booked tickets to the Leonardo da Vinci Museum allow you to skip the line at the ticket office but not at the entrance. Admission is for the interactive models museum at Via del Castellaccio, not the Leonardo Interactive Museum at Via de Servi. Free entry to Florence Cathedral (Duomo) is only for the main church, excluding the dome, baptistry, bell tower, museum and ancient basilica. The Cathedral can be visited every day between 10PM and 5PM but admission during masses and events is restricted. The line to enter can be more than 1 hour long so due to time constraints, this attraction may be removed from the itinerary at the guide’s discretion. Due to museum rules, 1 licensed guide can lead a group of 1-20 people. We will provide additional guides for larger groups, so the price will be higher.