Pisa from Florence Half-Day Private Van Tour1 Reviews
The Leaning Tower is a must for anyone visiting Italy, but Pisa has much more to offer. Your guide will give you fascinating insights about this once-dominant power in the western Mediterranean as you tour its magnificent heritage in a private van.
- Visit Pisa from Florence in a private van with a driver/guide
- See the famous Leaning Tower and the rest of the World Heritage 'Miracle Square'
- Discover the stunning heritage of Pisa's dominance as a sea power that rivaled Venice
- Learn about a proud history that predates Rome
- Take in information about art, history, wine, food, and local traditions from your officially-licensed local guide
DescriptionRide down the Arno River from Florence to Pisa and be amazed by the glorious legacy of this proud republic that dominated the western Mediterranean for centuries. Majestic palaces rising from the banks of the Arno will let you know that your private van is reaching its destination. The famous Leaning Tower is only one of four white marble architectural marvels on the 'Plaza of Miracles,' a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The others include the magnificant 11th-century Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption, which reportedly inspired Galileo. A maritime power that rivaled and for a while surpassed Genoa and even Venice, Pisa was already considered an old settlement by the Romans. Eventually its power waned, but the legacy remains. One of the more modern landmarks you will see is the Palazzo della Carovana, which houses the Scuola Normale and serves as the headquarters of one of the most prestigious universities in Europe.
IncludesComfortable private van Driver/guide Fuel, parking, tolls Snacks and beverages Lunch Gratuities Anything else not mentioned as 'included'
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability