San Gimignano, Siena, Chianti Guided Tour from Florence2948 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day tour of Tuscany’s villages and wine regions from Florence and travel into the heart of the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Visit the town of San Gimignano, the wine territory of Chianti, and the medieval town of Siena.
- Escape the bustle of Florence for a day and explore the beautiful Tuscan countryside
- Drive through the gently rolling hills of the Val D’Elsa in luxury, air-conditioned coaches
- Visit the medieval town of San Gimignano, home to Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine and saffron
- Explore the immaculate town of Siena, world-renowned for its Palio horse race
- Visit a splendid Chianti estate and take part in two exclusive wine tastings
DescriptionExplore the heart of beautiful Tuscany on a full-day tour of the towns of San Gimignano and Siena, then discover the bucolic wine region of Chianti. Departing from Florence by luxury air-conditioned bus, your first stop will be the UNESCO World Heritage Site of San Gimignano, one of the most splendid examples of an Italian medieval town. Distinguished by its famous towered skyline, San Gimignano stands along the Via Francigena on the hills of the Upper Val D’Elsa. Also famous for its Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine, saffron, and precious Santa Fina pottery, it is an excellent place to get acquainted with the Tuscan environment. You will enjoy some free time to stroll through the town on your own and explore its beautiful squares, architecture, churches, and side streets. Afterwards you will head out to a unique location in the Chianti countryside to enjoy lunch and two wine tastings. Once you hop off the bus, you will be guided around the splendid estate; here you will be introduced to the estate's fascinating history and background. Then head inside the cellars where you'll learn the secrets of Chianti wine making together with the local host. Now you're ready to enjoy your delicious wine tasting of Chianti Classico and a typical lunch, and so the route will continue to the restaurant: your typical Tuscan lunch will be accompanied by two excellent products of the estate itself, a 'Riserva' and an IGP wine. Take your time after lunch to relax in the villa's luxurious gardens. Continue to Siena for a guided tour of its enchanting architectural styles, including the Cathedral (exterior only) and Palazzo Comunale (Municipal Building, again exterior only) in Piazza del Campo. The famous shell-shaped square provides the stage for the thrilling Palio horse race, run twice every summer.
IncludesTravel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning Expert multilingual escorts Lunch consisting of typical Tuscan dishes (vegetarian menu available upon request) Guided tour of Siena with monolingual guide (in English and Spanish only) Free time in San Gimignano Visit to the Monteriggioni fortress Wine tastings and guided visit at a Chianti estate Visit to the interior of Siena Cathedral Visit to the interior of Palazzo Comunale
- This tour will be conducted in multiple languages at the same time
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time
- The tour itinerary can be switched according to the season and due to organization issues, but you'll always visit all the stops
- Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability