My Guide Website?
Skip the Line: Florence Duomo and Brunelleschi Tour51 Reviews
Discover the masterpiece work of Brunelleschi, the great architect who led the construction of the Florence Dome. Gain quick entrance to the top of the Duomo and private access to the Terrace.
- Gain quick entrance to the Duomo and climb to the top for breathtaking views
- Experience sweeping views of Florence
- Private visit to the Northern Terrace of the Duomo
- Admire the beautiful view over Florence from the cupola's viewing platform
- Enjoy this small group experience with no more than 19 guests per guide
DescriptionOn this small group tour your guide will take you to the top of the Duomo, the highest building in Florence, without having to wait in line. Before visiting the Dome, enjoy a guided tour inside the Museum (or Baptistry) to discover the old facade of the Cathedral. Then you'll skip the line to get inside the Duomo, where our guide will tell you its history and most important facts. Now it's the time to start the climb: 150 steps to reach the Northern Terrace of the Cathedral, where you can admire a breathtaking view over the city of Florence and the Dome. After the visit to the terrace, it's time to climb other 400 steps to reach the very top! Follow in the footsteps of Brunelleschi as you ascend the ancient staircase he once used for inspirational views of the city. On the way up the 463-step staircase, you will feel as though you have gone back back in time, winding through the narrow passages of this elegant and ancient building. The Duomo itself is notable for the 44 stained glass windows that adorn the interior. This tour will give you the chance to discover Brunelleschi's techniques from a special point of view: you will be really close to the Frescos decorating the Dome. The Duomo became part of the UNESCO World Heritage site in 1982 and remains one of Italy’s largest basilicas.
IncludesProfessionally licensed English-speaking guide Entrance fee to the Dome, Cathedral, Museum (or Baptistry), Northern terrace of the Duomo and a view from the cupola
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Dress code: shoulders, abdomen, and knees must be covered during the Cathedral visit
- All participants must be at least 12 years of age
- The dome visit and rooftop portion of this tour are not recommended for individuals with a fear of heights and/or claustrophobia due to the narrow spaces and staircase to the roof terrace
- The following objects are not allowed inside the Cathedral: glass objects, luggage, helmets
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered a full refund.