My Guide Website?
Tuscany: Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti, and Pisa Day Tour485 Reviews
Discover the rich history and art of the most iconic sights in Tuscany on a day trip from Florence. Experience Chianti's countryside landscapes as you explore Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti, and Pisa.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Savor local flavors as you eat a Tuscan lunch in the San Gimignano area
- Admire the depth and complexity of regional wines at a wine tasting
- Discover the most renowned and picturesque Tuscan towns in just one day
- Explore San Gimignano, Siena, and Pisa, with its world-famous leaning tower
- Wander the romantic cobblestone streets of Siena led by a local guide
DescriptionSpend the day discovering many of the main highlights of the Tuscan countryside on this guided tour with a traditional Italian lunch included. Make your way through the rolling hills as you discover the charm of Pisa, San Gimignano, and Siena. Your first stop will be Pisa and the Square of Miracles. See the cathedral, baptistery, and, of course, the famous Leaning Tower. The Leaning Tower is almost 56 meters tall, about 183 feet, and leans at about 4 degrees, making it one of the most famous and iconic buildings in the world. From Pisa, drive past hilltop hamlets scattered across some of the most beautiful and enchanting areas of the countryside. Arrive at San Gimignano where a traditional Tuscan lunch with wine tasting will be served, if the option is selected. Continue to the preserved medieval village of San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage site often nicknamed the “Manhattan of the Middle Ages” because of its famous tall, narrow towers. Explore the town center and the charming craftsmen shops along the cobbled stone streets and small squares. End the tour in Siena, a hilltop town rich in art and traditions. Stroll the pedestrian historical center and visit the beautiful local cathedral. Take a guided walking tour along the small medieval streets and squares, passing the oldest bank in the world, and the Piazza del Campo. Sample Lunch Menu - Appetizer: cold cuts ( prosciutto, finocchiona, salami ) bruschetta olive oil and truffle oil pecorino cheese with balsamic vinegar and green salad - Main Course: penne with meat ragout and parmesan cheese - Dessert: homemade tart with jam and vinsanto - Tasting of 3 different wines
IncludesRoundtrip transportation from Florence Tour guide Guided tour in Siena (if option selected) Siena Cathedral entrance fee (if option selected) Lunch with wine tasting (if option selected)
- The order of the visits is subject to change A minimum number of participants is required to confirm the tour, if this is not reached you will be offered an alternative or a full refund The guided tour in Siena is available in 2 languages For small groups of up to 8 people, the guide service could be replaced with an English-speaking driver-guide service, with the rest of the program remaining unchanged If the Siena Cathedral cannot be visited due to religious services, you'll visit the Santa Maria della Scala Museum instead From April 1, 2023, lunch and wine tasting will be served in a characteristic restaurant located along the medieval road that led pilgrims to Rome crossing Tuscany, the famous 'Via Francigena' Sample menu: appetizer with cold cuts (prosciutto, finocchiona, salami) bruschetta olive oil and truffle oil pecorino cheese with balsamic vinegar and green salad; main course with penne with meat ragout and parmesan cheese; dessert with homemade tart with jam and vinsanto