My Guide Website?
Val D'Orcia: Cheese and Wine Tasting Tour from Florence313 Reviews
Visit the enchanting Val D’Orcia valley on this day trip from Florence and explore the towns of Montalcino, Pienza, and Montepulciano. Enjoy two wine tastings and try local Pecorino cheese.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Livorno: Florence & Pisa Shore Excursion with Food Tasting
- Best of Tuscany Full-Day Scenic Tour from Florence
- From Florence: Chianti Guided Tour with Tuscan Wine Tasting
- From Florence: Parmesan, Balsamic Vinegar, & Prosciutto Tour
- Florence: Chianti Wineries Tour with Food and Wine Tasting
- Escape the hustle and bustle of Florence and experience the heart of Tuscany
- Enjoy two different wine tastings and savor the famous Pecorino cheese of Pienza
- Learn from your tour leader, who will assist you throughout the whole trip
DescriptionEscape the hustle and bustle of Florence and experience the heart of Tuscany on this day trip from Florence. Ride in a spacious and air-conditioned van to the lush Val D’Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Stop at wineries, stroll through local towns, and savor local cheese. Hop aboard the comfortable bus at a centrally-located meeting point in Florence. Relax on the drive through the Tuscan countryside on the way to Montalcino. Try some world-renowned Brunello wine and stroll through the cellars and museum of a wine estate. Hear about the history of this estate which once belonged to the powerful Piccolomini family, whose members included Pope Pius II. Move up to the peak of the town for views of rolling hills, ancient oaks, picturesque olive groves, vineyards, and cypress trees. Continue to Pienza, which stands high upon a hill and dominates the Orcia valley with extraordinary views. Explore the charming streets of this small town at your leisure. Head to Montepulciano, home to the famous Vino Nobile vineyards where some of the vampire movie 'New Moon' was shot. Sip on some wine while visiting the dungeon where the wine is stored under the ancient walls of the winery. Sample some Pecorino cheese and finally return by bus to Florence.
IncludesRoundtrip journey by fully-fitted GT Coach Expert multilingual escort Free visit of Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano Visit to a wine estate in Montalcino with a tour of the wine cellars and tasting of the world-famous Brunello Visit to a winery in Montepulciano with tasting of the “Vino Nobile” Tastings of Pienza's pecorino cheese Possibility of buying wine and cheese at a very competitive price
- Please note that the given order of the visits may change English and Spanish are always guaranteed - in order to confirm the excursion in any other language, a minimum of 6 participants is required