Bargello Museum Tour
Tour one of Florence’s most beautiful and important museums: the Bargello Palace, renowned all around Europe for its incredible works of sculpture. It displays many important sculptures by Michelangelo and Donatello.
Are you a business owner in Florence?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Florence.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Skip the line with your pre-reserved entrance tickets
- See the David and St. George by Donatello, the Bacchus and Tondo Pitti by Michelangelo, and more
- Spend two hours exploring the Bargello Museum with a professional local guide
DescriptionThe guide will start off with a little history about the Bargello Museum, which used to be the headquarters of the Capitano Del Popolo and later of the Podesta (the lord of the city). They will tell you how the palace became the residence of the head of the police and how it was later used as a prison. The guide will escort you through the museum for you to enjoy the very important works of art kept in Bargello. The ground floor rooms display the Tuscan works of the 16th Century. Your guide will particularly focus on four masterpieces by Michelangelo. Along with the local and expert guide you will then discover works by Bartolomeo Ammannati, Benvenuto Cellini, Giambologna, and many other treasures. You will discover precious ivories and bronzes that include several Roman and Byzantine examples. Then, you will immerse yourself in the early Renaissance, as your guide will explain the masterpieces made by Donatello and Verrocchio. Later, the guide will escort you to the second floor, which is solely dedicated to the glazed terracotta done by Andrea and Giovanni Della Robbia. The tour takes about two hours - the perfect amount of time to see this famous art collection, without feeling overwhelmed. You can also return to anything you might want to see again after the tour ends.
Includes• Official certified guide • Radio system to hear the guide • Entrance ticket with reservation • Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance, even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management • Hotel pickup and drop-off • Food and drinks • Transportation to/from attractions
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund • Confirmation will be received at the time of booking • Children must be accompanied by an adult • A small amount of walking is involved • The tour is accessible by wheelchair
- Skip-the-line access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management) • Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled • There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Uffizi Gallery & Florence City Walking Tour
Join a combined tour of Florence’s must-see attractions. Follow a guided tour to the world-famous museum, Uffizi Gallery in which the world’s finest collection of RenFrom €120.00
Siena, S. Gimignano & Monteriggioni with Wine & Food Tasting
Enjoy a wonderful tour of the beautiful Chianti countryside and sample wines. Discover the beautiful medieval cities of Siena, San Gimignano and Monteriggioni and enjoy a55 ReviewsFrom €44.00
Private Photo Walking Tour
During the Florence Photo Walk, you will go around the city of the Renaissance with an experienced photographer. You'll be able not only to learn photography tricks and sFrom €340.00
Skip-The-Line Accademia and City Tour
Skip the long lines to the Accademia, and enjoy a short guided walk around Florence on a 3-hour tour of the “Cradle of the Renaissance.” See masterpieces of art fromFrom €310.00
3-Hour Private Wine Tour
Discover the important attractions in Florence while enjoying typical Tuscan Chianti wine with special Italian crostini snacks on this relaxing wine tour in Florence.From €57.00
San Gimignano: Helicopter Wine Tour
Discover the pearls of Tuscany, Florence and San Gimignano with its wine and a view from the sky.From €800.00
Hidden 2-Hour Guided Walking Tour
Experience Florence by night and hear the mysterious legends and secrets that make this city so unique. Take a guided walk through the city center, visiting top sites whi1 ReviewsFrom €41.00
The Florence of Dan Brown's 'Inferno': Walking Tour
Follow in the footsteps of Robert Langdon and Sienna Brooks, the two protagonists of Dan Brown's famous novel, "Inferno," and discover the amazing historical and cultural12 ReviewsFrom €75.00
Skip the Line: The Uffizi Gallery Ticket and Tour
The Uffizi Gallery is one of the most famous museums in the world, and it is housed in the former “uffizi” or “offices” of the Medici Family.591 ReviewsFrom €57.00
Medici Conspiracy Smartphone Exploration Game
Embark on a quest around Florence by solving clues to stop a conspiracy against the Medici family, all on your smartphone. Unlock new stories as you venture from one plac2 ReviewsFrom €10.00