Florence City Center Guided Walking Tour, David & Duomo
Relive the Italian Renaissance in Florence during this 2.5h city tour covering highlights including the David & the Duomo. This guided tour pairs you with your own personal guide to explore the history and secrets of Florence and its most famous citizens.
Are you a business owner in Florence?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Florence.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Join this guided tour led by a local professional guide
- See the most important sights including Michelangelo's David
- Get a first hand experience with the famous Duomo and Ponte Vecchio
- Choose between Private or Semi-private tour options
DescriptionThis tour includes a visit to the Academia, home to one of the world’s most iconic statues, David, by Michelangelo. Your guide will discuss the artistic mastermind behind this giant nude statue and his other 16th century works on display in the museum. You’ll also wander the streets of the city center, learning about Florence’s long history as it unfolded in public squares like Piazza della Signoria and Piazza della Repubblica. See the only bridge to survive World War II, the Ponte Vecchio while discussing the noble Medici family who put Florence on the map. Follow in the steps of artists like Leonardo da Vinci who would have marveled at the city’s stunning architecture including the imposing Duomo. Hear all about this magnificent church that towers over Florence, including the gleaming bronze Baptistery Doors. By the end, you’ll have experienced the most important sites that Florence has to offer.
IncludesEntrance fees Professional art historian guide Guaranteed to skip the long lines Semi-Private and Private guided tour options Gratuities (optional) Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks Special event access Temporary exhibition access Closed areas access
- This tour is offered as either a private tour or a small group tour with a maximum of 7 guests
- For small group tours a minimum of 2 guests is required for the tour to run
- If the minimum number is not met, an alternative date or full refund will be offered
- The Academia Museum and Duomo may be subject to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. If this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases the supplier is unable to provide refunds or discounts
- The tour route may be affected by national celebrations. When this occurs, you will be provided with an alternative route covering most of highlights on the tour. In these cases, the local operator is unable to provide refunds or discounts
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Parks and Playgrounds Private Tour
Discover the green lungs of Florence with your family on a 2-hour private tour of the city's amazing parks and playgrounds. Enjoy a local bite that the kids will love and1 ReviewsFrom €16.00
Private tour: Charms of Florence, Villas, Gardens & Prosecco
Surround yourself with the beautiful nature outside the city center of Florence. Visit rich villas with incredible gardens and interesting stories during this 2 hours pri1 ReviewsFrom €16.00
Uffizi Gallery Skip-the-Line Guided Tour for Small Groups
Join this small-group tour to visit the famous Uffizi Gallery in Florence with an expert local guide. Enjoy a skip-the-line ticket and marvel at the beauty and artworks o21 ReviewsFrom €59.90
Fashion Private Tour with Museum Visits
Italian fashion originates in Florence since Roman times and continues being famous by cloth merchants of the Middle Ages. This tour is an excellent opportunity to have tFrom €64.00
Florence in a Day WalkingTour+The David+Uffizi Gallery
Walking tour of historical center and close encounter at the Academy and at the Uffizi. Enjoy the highlights of Florence and the two most important museums in just one da49 ReviewsFrom €109.00
2-Hour Walking Tour and Wine Tasting
Discover Florence at sunset while tasting delicious local Chianti wines from the Tuscan region. Enjoy a pleasant guided stroll through the heart of Florence while drinkin37 ReviewsFrom €51.00
Rome 2-Day Mini Break from Florence with Accommodation
See the sights of the “Eternal City” on a 2-day mini break to Rome from Florence, including accommodation in a 3 or 4-star hotel. Discover sights from the Roman EmpirFrom €275.00
Florence Dome Climb: 1-Hour Priority Entrance Tour
Skip the line to visit the cupola of the Florence Duomo, climb to the top with your guide, and soak up the spectacular views of the city.401 ReviewsFrom €42.00
Venice: Journey by High Speed Train from Florence
Marvel at the attractions of Venice, such as the Rialto Bridge and Piazza San Marco, on a full-day tour from Florence. High speed train transfers give you more time to ex12 ReviewsFrom €120.00
2-Hour Private Walking Tour
Dive into one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Visit Piazza del Duomo and its Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. Follow the animated Via dei Calzaiuoli to PiazFrom €255.00