My Guide Website?
Florence: Duomo Complex Guided Tour147 Reviews
Enjoy a visit with a licensed guide to the most important buildings located in the heart of Florence’s historic center: the Duomo (Cathedral), Baptistery, and the Opera del Duomo Museum.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire the one and only Cathedral of Florence
- Learn the history of Florentine's most famous complex with a local guide
- See the stunning Golden gate of the Baptistery
- Visit the Duomo Museum
DescriptionDiscover the heart of Florence and learn all the secrets and the history that lies behind the Duomo Complex. Santa Maria del Fiore, designed by Arnolfo di Cambio, is the third largest church in the world and was the largest church in Europe when it was completed in the 15th Century. Your local guide will show you the main sights while telling you interesting anecdotes on how this masterpiece was created. You’ll also visit the Duomo Museum in which you’ll discover masterpieces of Arnolfo, Ghiberti, Donatello, Luca della Robbia, Antonio Pollaiolo, Verrocchio, and Michelangelo. This is the largest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world. Finally, admire the stunning Baptistry of San Giovanni, one of the most ancient churches in Florence, which sits opposite the city's cathedral, the church of Santa Maria del Fiore and its incredible East Door - that Michelangelo called the Gates of Paradise.
IncludesReserved entrance tickets Licensed guide Earphones for groups of more than 15 participants Guided tour of the Cathedral, Duomo Museum, and Baptistery
- Earphones will be provided only for groups with over 15 participants
- Skipping the lines at the Cathedral is not allowed
- The tour involves a moderate amount of walking
- Backpacks are not allowed in the Cathedral
- On the first Tuesday of every month, the tour is not available due to Duomo's museum closure