My Guide Website?
Florence: Reserved Entry Ticket to Bargello Museum58 Reviews
The National Museum at the Bargello is without a doubt one of the most well-renowned museums in Florence. For Renaissance art lovers, the Bargello is to sculpture what the Uffizi is to painting. Visit it with a timed entry ticket.
- Visit the Palazzo del Bargello - one of the oldest buildings in Florence
- Admire the famous bronze David by Donatello
- Enjoy Renaissance sculptures including masterpieces by Donatello, Michelangelo and Cellini
DescriptionThe National Museum at the Bargello is without a doubt one of the most important and well-known museums in Florence. Within, the museum exhibits a large collection of sculpture, including the famous bronze David by Donatello. Since 1865 the Palazzo houses the National Museum, bringing together many important Renaissance sculptures, including masterpieces by Donatello, Luca della Robbia, Verrocchio, Michelangelo and Cellini. The museum was subsequently enriched with splendid collections of bronzes, majolica, waxes, furniture and textiles from the Medici collections and those of private donors. Palazzo del Bargello is one of the oldest buildings in Florence, was once prison, police headquarters and the site of public executions. Begun in 1255, the building was the headquarters of the Capitano del Popolo and later of the Podestà and Council of Justice. In 1574, it became the living quarters for the Captain of Justice (chief of police) and was used as a prison. Despite a series of alterations and additions which altered the original plan during the 14th and 15th centuries, the palace preserved its pleasant severity, best seen in the beautiful courtyard, the balcony and the large hall on the first floor.
IncludesReserved entrance ticket to the Bargello Museum Access to temporary exhibitions Booking fee
- Please note that the date and time slot you choose is binding once booked. You will be refused entry if you do not respect this allotted entry time
- You can collect your entrance ticket 15 minutes before your allotted entry time
- If you present your Bargello Museum ticket to Palazzo Strozzi, you can enter the Donatello exhibition at a reduced price