My Guide Website?
From Florence: PRIVATE Wine Experience in Chianti Classico
Treat your senses to a memorable day in the world-famous Chianti wine region on a private tour from Florence. Explore Montefioralle and taste local cold cuts and cheeses at a famous butcher shop.
- 8hr Full-Day private tour of the famed Chianti wine region from Florence
- Visit historic family-run estates to learn about traditional wine production methods and taste their famous Super Tuscan and Chianti Classico wine
- Taste locally produced olive oil, cheese, cold cuts, and other staples of Tuscan cuisine
- Stop at charming medieval villages like Impruneta, Greve, Panzano, Montefioralle or Castellina
- Travel in a private, luxury Mercedes-Benz minivan (up to 8 seats)
DescriptionExplore the flavors of the Chianti wine region on this private tour from Florence. Travel in a luxury minivan through Chianti’s unmistakable landscape of historic vineyards, rolling green hills and medieval villages... Itinerary • Stop At: Greve in Chianti, Tuscany. Experience the unforgettable town of Greve in Chianti, located in the heart of the Chianti Classico wine region, and home of the famous explorer Giovanni da Verrazzano. An unmissable visit is also due at the ancient and famous Falorni butcher shop, where you will have the opportunity to taste exceptional Tuscan snacks made with local cold cuts and cheeses! Duration: 1 hour • Stop At: Castello di Montefioralle, Tuscany. Montefioralle is truly a treasure of Tuscany - not to be missed. Originally a castle in the Middle Ages, with its 79 inhabitants, it is considered one of the most beautiful villages in Italy. Absolutely worth a visit, take time for a stroll and take some photos in its iconic, narrow stone streets. Duration: 1 hour • Stop At: Winery Brogioni Maurizio, Montefioralle, Tuscany. Here you will embark on your first wine tasting! You will be hosted by a small producer of premium, high-quality wines. The production is fully manual, from the vineyard to the wine cellar. The Chianti Classico wine is produced in an organic-certified estate. In short, this is a unique experience to taste exceptional, high-quality wine! Duration: 2 hours • Stop At: Panzano in Chianti, Tuscany. A visit in the picturesque Panzano is a must! As you take a few steps to reach Panzano’s medieval 11th century tower, you are truly immersed in another time. Enclosed by its fortified walls, you feel as if you’re returning to the Middle Ages. Take breathtaking pictures of the extraordinary southern valley, where hundreds of plots of land are planted with Sangiovese vines. Duration: 30 minutes • Stop At: Tenuta Casanova, Castellina In Chianti, Tuscany. On your last stop, it’s time for a phenomenal farm-to-table lunch and wine tasting! You will be hosted at a farm with fully organic and locally-produced products, with a wine explanation accompanying your meal. During lunch you will taste Extra Vergin olive oil, the superb Chianti Classico and the new trends of the Super Tuscan wine, white wines, dishes prepared with balsamic vinegar, and dessert wines! Animals, vineyards and olive trees will be fundamental factors in making this traditional Tuscan setting unforgettable! It will be a truly special experience for you and your private group to remember throughout the years. Duration: 2 hours
IncludesPick-up and drop off at your selected hotel/ location Private transportation by Mercedes Minivan, Air-Conditioned English-speaking licensed driver Tasting of cold cuts and cheeses from Falorni butcher Unlimited cold mineral water On-Board WiFi
- •Departure is at 9:30am. Pick-up time can be changed upon request •Infants must not sit on laps •In case of rain, umbrellas will be provided by your driver •A confirmation is appreciated the day before the appointment by e-mail or via iMessage or WhatsApp. •This tour/experience is for a maximum of 8 travelers (your private party). Should your group exceed this size, you can make two reservations. •You will be picked up directly at your hotel or address provided at the time of booking at the exact time of the start of the tour. •Upon request, during the reservation we can organize lunch in wine cellars or on farms, this is a highly recommended experience, especially for wine lovers. (We also offer vegetarian and gluten-free lunches and accommodate allergies. Upon request 24hrs before the tour). •Our drivers will happily assist with any questions or requests. They are vastly familiar with Tuscany and will share curiosities and facts.