Florence: Bargello Museum Tour1 Reviews
Tour one of Florence’s most beautiful and important museums: the Bargello Palace, renowned all around Europe for its incredible works of sculpture. It displays many important sculptures by Michelangelo and Donatello.
- Skip the line with your pre-reserved entrance tickets
- See the David and St. George by Donatello, the Bacchus and Tondo Pitti by Michelangelo, and more
- Spend two hours exploring the Bargello Museum with a professional local guide
DescriptionThe guide will start off with a little history about the Bargello Museum, which used to be the headquarters of the Capitano Del Popolo and later of the Podesta (the lord of the city). They will tell you how the palace became the residence of the head of the police and how it was later used as a prison. The guide will escort you through the museum for you to enjoy the very important works of art kept in Bargello. The ground floor rooms display the Tuscan works of the 16th Century. Your guide will particularly focus on four masterpieces by Michelangelo. Along with the local and expert guide you will then discover works by Bartolomeo Ammannati, Benvenuto Cellini, Giambologna, and many other treasures. You will discover precious ivories and bronzes that include several Roman and Byzantine examples. Then, you will immerse yourself in the early Renaissance, as your guide will explain the masterpieces made by Donatello and Verrocchio. Later, the guide will escort you to the second floor, which is solely dedicated to the glazed terracotta done by Andrea and Giovanni Della Robbia. The tour takes about two hours - the perfect amount of time to see this famous art collection, without feeling overwhelmed. You can also return to anything you might want to see again after the tour ends.
IncludesOfficial certified guide Radio system to hear the guide Entrance ticket with reservation Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance, even during peak season, except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drinks Transportation to/from attractions
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund • Confirmation will be received at the time of booking • Children must be accompanied by an adult • A small amount of walking is involved • The tour is accessible by wheelchair
- Skip-the-line access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management) • Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled • There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability