My Guide Website?
Florence: Cathedral, Duomo Museum, and Baptistery Tour799 Reviews
Discover the religious landmarks of Florence on a guided tour with pre-reserved entry tickets and an optional Giotto's Bell Tower climb. Explore the cathedral, Opera Duomo Museum, and the Baptistery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Livorno: Florence & Pisa Shore Excursion with Food Tasting
- Best of Tuscany Full-Day Scenic Tour from Florence
- From Florence: Chianti Guided Tour with Tuscan Wine Tasting
- From Florence: Parmesan, Balsamic Vinegar, & Prosciutto Tour
- Florence: Chianti Wineries Tour with Food and Wine Tasting
- Discover the hidden wonders of the Florence Duomo Complex in a small group
- Make the most of your time with pre-reserved entry tickets and a tour guide
- Climb to the top of Giotto's Bell Tower with an optional entry ticket
- Enter the cathedral to see the most important artworks with an expert guide
- Visit the Baptistery, Museum and the Cathedral of Florence
DescriptionVisit the key religious monuments at Duomo Square in Florence with pre-reserved tickets on a small group guided tour. Focus on the historical and cultural significance of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and its complementary structures explained by an expert local guide. Start your tour at Duomo Square. Learn about the iconic Cathedral and its construction through the centuries and how it came to be the center of Florence’s religious life. Benefit from your guide’s knowledge to understand its relationship with the rest of the magnificent buildings in the square. Enter the Cathedral of Florence from a separate line for small groups. See it as an artistic wonder for its size and its amazing marble decorations. Enjoy the beauty of priceless treasures of Gothic and Renaissance art. Get priority admission to the octagonal Baptistery of St. John, best known for its ceiling decorated with golden mosaics and its gleaming bronze doors, called the Gates of Paradise. Gaze at the relief work on the detailed panels. Learn how these are not the original bronze doors and that the authentic East Doors are currently on display in the museum. Continue to the Duomo Museum, where incredible masterpieces like the gates of the Baptistery, Donatello’s sculptures, and the original dome’s wooden scaffoldings are exhibited. You could spend hours wandering through the displays, but your guide will focus on highlights such as Michelangelo’s Pietà and other magnificent works of art. Choose to climb Giotto's Bell Tower ( optional ) at the end of the guided tour, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture that stands tall beside the Cathedral. Climb the tower on your own at your reserved time and marvel at the panoramic views of Florence from the top. As you ascend the tower, take in the intricate details of the tower's construction, including its intricate sculptures and colorful marble exterior.
IncludesGuided tour Entry to Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral St. John’s Baptistery entry tickets Duomo Museum entry tickets Giotto’s Bell Tower entry ticket (if option selected)
- Unannounced renovation work is often done during the off-season. Crowds are expected during the high season.
- The baptistery is currently undergoing restoration of the vault's mosaics.
- The cathedral is a working church, and entry is not always guaranteed. Hours can change without notice.
- Florence can be hot in the summer. This tour includes portions that are outside and could be in full sun.
- Please note that backpacks of any size or dimension, and any bag designed to be worn on the back, are not allowed.
- You may be refused entry if you fail to comply with the cathedral's dress requirements.