My Guide Website?
Florence: Gondola Boat Tour with Wine or Coffee and Snack103 Reviews
Enjoy a unique perspective of the city during a most-charming experience in Florence. Glide along the water on a Florentine gondola before enjoying an aperitivo or breakfast with wine or coffee.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Livorno: Florence & Pisa Shore Excursion with Food Tasting
- Best of Tuscany Full-Day Scenic Tour from Florence
- From Florence: Chianti Guided Tour with Tuscan Wine Tasting
- From Florence: Parmesan, Balsamic Vinegar, & Prosciutto Tour
- Florence: Chianti Wineries Tour with Food and Wine Tasting
- Embark on one of the most romantic tours in town
- Enjoy a mini-cruise on the Arno River on a vintage Barchetto
- Ride on a traditional Gondola-style boat
- Enjoy an aperitivo with chilled wine on a sunset or evening tour
- Savor an Italian breakfast pastry and coffee on the morning tour
DescriptionThe Arno river is the history of Florence. It was its first supply source, and initially divided the city before uniting it through its marvelous Middle Ages and Renaissance bridges. Its riverbanks house some of the most beautiful ancient noble palaces, and nowadays it perfectly reflects the romantic, elegant, and slow flowing soul of Florence. This tour will let you discover this soul at the most picture-perfect moment of the day: aperitivo time. This important time of the day is right before dinner, right before sunset, when Florence is flooded by the most magical light, and even the cold stones seem soft and warm. Follow your guide from the bank, all the way through to the embarcadero (pier). Here you will climb aboard a barchetto, a Florentine gondola, one of the very few traditional wooden boats left in Florence. Your gondola will be conducted by an authentic barcaiolo, a Florentine boatman that will guide your boat with his long-reaching pole. There will be no noisy engines, only the charm of tradition and the voice of your expert guide to unveil the secrets of the Arno River. As you push through its calm waters, you will pass under the magnificent Florentine bridges and discover its history and the beautiful Palazzos that frame its ancient riverbed. Following your Gondola ride, enjoy a delicious drink and snack. In the evening, relax with a refreshing “aperitivo” with a glass of cool wine to celebrate your romantic stay in Florence. After your morning tour, savor an authentic Italian breakfast.
IncludesLicensed art and history guide Walking tour Mini cruise aboard a Florentine Gondola on the Arno River (approximately 50 minutes) Wine aperitivo (sunset and evening tours) Pastry and coffee (morning tour)
- It can be hard to board the gondola in flip-flops or other similar shoes