My Guide Website?
Brunello Montalcino Full-Day Wine Tour from Florence
Travel from Florence to the Montalcino region on a wine-themed day tour. Visit two local wineries and learn about the winemaking process, Brunello di Montalcino wine tasting, and lunch at the winery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Become a wine expert on a full-day tour of the Montalcino wine region
- Visit 2 wineries in the Tuscan hills and learn about their winemaking processes
- Talk with the proprietors and learn about how to best taste wine
- Enjoy a traditional Italian lunch
- Taste famous Rosso di Montalcino DOC and Brunello di Montalcino DOCG wines
DescriptionSpend a full day exploring the Montalcino commune, famous for its Brunello di Montalcino wine, on tour from Florence. You will also visit local wineries to understand the history and process of winemaking better. Your tour begins with a drive that weaves through the picturesque hills of Tuscany to the small region of Montalcino, just south of Siena. Upon arrival, visit 2 of the area wineries, where you will have the opportunity to meet the proprietor and explore the cellars while you learn more about the wines themselves. In addition, your guide will give you a history of the region and pointers on how to get the most from the wines during the tasting.
IncludesTransportation in air-conditioned minivan Tour leader Guided tour of 2 wineries and their cellars Wine tasting at 2 small wineries Stop in Montalcino Lunch in a typical local restaurant
- The tour can be enjoyed by everyone of all ages, but please note that the trip takes 2 hours each way, for a total of 4 hours in the van. As a result, this tour is not recommended for people who suffer from car sickness.