My Guide Website?
Florence: Heart of Florence Guided Walking Tour56 Reviews
See the most important sites of Florence on a walking tour with a guide. Visit the heart of the city center, including San Lorenzo, Piazza del Duomo, Piazza Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, and more.
- Step back in time as you discover the history of Florence on a walking tour
- Visit the Brunelleschi, Baptistery of San Giovanni, and the Gates of Paradise
- See the Piazza del Duomo, Piazza Signoria, Via Calzaioli, and more
- Listen to history, stories, and facts about the city from your guide
- Soak in the vibe while strolling through the picturesque streets of the city
DescriptionCheck out some of the most iconic sights in Florence on a guided walking tour that explores the heart of the city and visits many of its top attractions. Learn all about the history of Florence as you see the most famous artwork and architecture it has to offer. Begin in the ancient Medici Family District. Admire the Palazzo Medici Riccardi, the family's first residence in the San Lorenzo District, where you can also find their church and mausoleum chapels. A few steps away are some of Florence's most famous monuments: the cathedral with its incredible dome by Brunelleschi, the Baptistery of San Giovanni with the Gates of Paradise, and the Giotto bell tower, the loveliest in all of Italy. The walk continues along lively Via Calzaioli. See the imposing Orsanmichele Church, a masterpiece of Florentine gothic art before reaching the bustling Mercato della Paglia (straw market). Don’t forget to rub the nose of the famous pig and toss a coin into the fountain to bring you good luck. Continuing on, admire the picturesque Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence. Finally, arrive at the Piazza Signoria, the political center of the city. In this true 'outdoor museum', see the beautiful Fountain of Neptune with the marvelous marble statue by Ammannati. There are also the sculptural masterpieces of the Loggia dei Lanzi, including Cellini’s Perseus and Giambologna’s Rape of the Sabines. Dominating all of this is the majestic Palazzo Vecchio and the Arnolfo Tower, one of the most emblematic symbols of Florence.
IncludesAssistance at the meeting point Local professional guide (monolingual guide from April to October) Headphones for groups of over 10 participants Unlimited access to the self-guided mobile city guide (if option selected)
- Please wear appropriate clothing to visit the places of worship From April 1, 2023 the check-in time at 10:15 AM and departure time is 10:30 AM