My Guide Website?
Florence: Medici Tour with Michelangelo's David
Discover the Medici's story whilst skipping the line to see more of the great masterpiece of Michelangelo’s David. From Giovanni de Medici to Lorenzo de Medici, you can watch, listen and understand the power of the Medici Family.
- Discover the story of the most elite families of the time
- Gain exclusive entrance to the Accademia Gallery, the home of Michelangelo's original sculpture of David
- Learn from a passionate and art-loving local guide
- Cover the most of your stay in Florence with a Medici walking tour with a group less than 5 people
- See the stunning architecture of historical buildings
DescriptionYour qualified local guide will introduce you to the Accademia Gallery with an exclusive fast track entrance. After this quick detour, your guide will lead you to the Hall of the Colossus, where you can see works of art such as Giambologna’s “Rape of the Sabines”, Cassone Adimari and Domenico Ghirlandaio’s solemn “St. Stephen between St. James and St. Peter”. Afterwards, you will advance onto the main Hall of the Prisoners to learn more about the unfinished statues from Michelangelo's “Slaves”. After revealing the secrets of Michelangelo’s 'David', your guide will walk you to the Palazzo Medici Riccardi, the main residence of the first branch of the Medici family. From here you will go on to the square of San Lorenzo Church, Florence’s cathedral until the 8th century. From the early 15th century, the Medici family had the church entirely rebuilt in the new Renaissance style. On your way you will also discover the Medici Chapels, the private mausoleum of the Medici Grand Dukes. Here you can admire Michelangelo’s New Sacristy and his Medici Tombs, before continuing your visit across the city center to reach the Piazza Della Signoria, a monument of Cosimo I. Your tour continues along the Uffizi Courtyard towards the river Arno before crossing the river at Ponte Vecchio. You will then be in the Oltrarno district, where you will see the imposing Palazzo Pitti, last residence of the Medici family and one of the most important museums in Florence today. Here your art loving guide will tell you many more hidden stories of the world famous Medici family, as you walk through their land. At the conclusion of your tour, you can also enjoy an authentic italian Gelato.
IncludesOfficial certified guide Radio system to hear your guide Entrance Ticket with reservation to the Accademia Gallery Entrance Ticket to the Cappelle Medicee Italian Gelato or bottle of water Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks Transportation to and from attractions Entrance Tickets not mentioned under inclusions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A considerable amount of walking is involved
- This tour is accessible by wheelchair
- 'Skip-the-line' access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management)
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now