My Guide Website?
Florence Walking Tour, Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Uffizi Gallery
Experience a true Renaissance on a walking tour of Florence's Old Town and see its top attractions, museums and churches: the Duomo Cathedral, Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vecchio, David, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Livorno: Florence & Pisa Shore Excursion with Food Tasting
- Best of Tuscany Full-Day Scenic Tour from Florence
- From Florence: Chianti Guided Tour with Tuscan Wine Tasting
- From Florence: Parmesan, Balsamic Vinegar, & Prosciutto Tour
- Florence: Chianti Wineries Tour with Food and Wine Tasting
- Explore the key attractions of Florence's Old Town with a 5-star Expert Guide.
- Discover the fascinating history & cultural heritage of the City of Renaissance
- Hear stories about the powerful Medici family, da Vinci, Michelangelo, and more
- Marvel at architectural beauty of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore(Duomo)
- Admire the vibrant colours of the shops on the medieval Ponte Vecchio bridge
DescriptionJoin our Licensed Local Guide on this group walking tour to discover all the best things to do in Florence's Old Town. Follow in the footsteps of great minds such as Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and Galileo though cobblestone streets and piazzas steeped in centuries of unparalleled artistic legacy. Feel the echoes of the Renaissance in Florence! Our 2-hour walking tour of Florence's Old Town is an essential experience of the city’s history, culture and heritage. We’ll begin our adventure in front of the Basilica di San Lorenzo, one of the largest and oldest churches in Florence, which houses the tombs of the Medici family in Cappelle Medicee. Our Expert Guide will share with us the history of the most powerful Tuscan dynasty and show us the nearby Medici Palace where they resided. The history and legends of Florence will uncover in front of us as we explore the cobbled streets of the Old Town. We’ll see the iconicDuomo (Florence Cathedral) with its magnificent Brunelleschi dome and an elaborate Gothic Revival façade. We’ll pass the Basilica of Santa Croce, which is a resting place of Galileo, Dante and Michelangelo, and we’ll wander around Piazza della Signoria, home to the 13th-century Palazzo Vecchio, Gucci Garden, a replica of the statue of David and an open-air gallery of Renaissance sculpture. Our Passionate Guide will tell us fascinating stories about Leonardo da Vinci - the Renaissance Man - and other notable people commemorated by the statues in front of the Uffizi Gallery, and share tips and recommendations on visiting this world-famous museum of art. We’ll end our walking tour at Ponte Vecchio, an iconic medieval arched bridge with Roman origins that spans the Arno River, offering picturesque views of the cityscape.
IncludesGuided Walking Tour of Florence Old Town Highlights 5-Star Licensed Guide with live commentary in 1 chosen language Tips and recommendations on the best attractions and museums in Florence Historical facts, cultural anecdotes and fun legends about Florence Small group of 1-25 people
- You should arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes early, as latecomers won't be able to join the tour or receive a refund. The guide will provide commentary in 1 language. Select your preferred language when booking. We will have a maximum of 25 participants. This tour is not suitable for people with disabilities. There is no luggage storage so please do not bring extra clothing, umbrellas, large bags, scooters, etc. Pets are not allowed. Tickets to Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo), Uffizi Gallery and other attractions are not included We're not afraid of the sun and rain, so the tour will take place as planned, regardless of weather, so please check the forecast and dress appropriately. It is a walking tour, so we recommend wearing comfortable shoes.