Chianti: Authentic Wine Tasting Experience from Florence321 Reviews
Discover the traditions of the Tuscan countryside, enjoy breathtaking landscapes of vineyards and olive groves, visit two cellars, taste the famous wines and typical products and be captivated by the charm of Greve and Castellina in Chianti.
- Be enthralled by a visit to two typical Chianti wineries
- Savour two delicious tastings of four excellent wines and typical products
- Visit two unforgettable Chianti Villages
- Discover the famous “Via Chiantigiana” crossing the heart of the Chianti Classico area
- Be captivated by the historical and artistic discoveries you will make in remote villages, surrounded by hills, vineyards and olive groves
DescriptionA comprehensive experience in one of the most fascinating areas of Tuscany, known all over the world for its wine and its countryside of unrivalled charm, where woods alternate with vineyards and olive groves, in a landscape dotted with Romanesque parish churches, farmhouses, villas and castles of rare beauty. The first stop of the tour is in the heart of the Florentine area of Chianti Classico, in a historic winery where you can taste excellent wines paired with snacks. Continue to the picturesque medieval village of Greve, birthplace of the famous navigator Giovanni da Verrazzano, where every year takes place the most important wine fair of the Chianti region. Here you will have free time to admire the famous main square of the ancient 'market' with its characteristic arcades and to browse through the local artisan shops. Moving along the ancient 'Via Chiantigiana', cross the heart of the Chianti Classico, admiring the breathtaking views of the rolling hills that made famous this part of Tuscany. Then reach a family-run Winery located in the Sienese area of the Chianti Classico, which stands out for the excellent quality of its wines. Here you will be warmly welcomed by its passionate winemaker and after the guided tour of the cellars and the lovely aromatic garden, a delicious tasting of four different wines and local products will be waiting. The last stop of the tour is Castellina, a fortified hilltop village of Etruscan origin, among the most lively and picturesque of Chianti, characterized by an imposing fortress: here, walking through the picturesque medieval covered street 'Via delle Volte', the tour leader will guide you to discover the charming historical center and its picturesque houses, squares and shops.
IncludesAssistance at the meeting point Transport by comfortable G.T. bus Multilingual tour escort 2 wine and food tastings in 2 different wine farms in the Chianti area
- • Please note that this tour is conducted in multiple languages at the same time
- From November to March, the itinerary does not include the stop at Castellina and the return to Florence will be approximately 30 minutes earlier
- Comfortable shoes are suggested
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY