Colle Val d'Elsa and Volterra Full-Day Tour
Visit Volterra and Colle val d'Elsa to discover an unusual side of Tuscany. Take a day to discover the craftsmanship of glassware in Colle Val d'Elsa, taste local Pecorino cheese and visit one of the oldest and most important Etruscan towns.
- Watch crystal being blown by hand in Colle Val D'Elsa
- Enjoy the landscapes of Central Tuscany
- Taste organic 'Pecorino' sheep cheese at a local farm
- Visit Volterra, one of the oldest Etruscan cities and the location of the vampire movie New Moon
DescriptionLeave Florence in the morning and travel with your guide to Colle Val D'Elsa. This charming hill town is surprisingly productive: 95% of Italy's crystal is produced here. In Colle Val D'Elsa you will see crystal blown by hand and made into delicate wine glasses, vases, and even animal sculptures. Next, you will ride into the incredible landscape of Volterra, where treeless green hills compose a landscape that is perfect for photos. The tour will stop at an organic cheese farm to taste the area's best sheep's milk cheese. The farm's Pecorino cheese is guaranteed to impress you. Once your appetite is sated, you will climb into the hill town of Volterra. This ancient Etruscan stronghold is now famous for its alabaster.
IncludesVisit to the Crystal factory Cheese tasting Gas, parking, and tolls Drinks Lunch Tips
- The professional drivers have are licenced tour guides, which means they can give you information about art, history, wine, food and local traditions
- Drivers can also do a brief orientation tour, without going inside Museums, Churches and historical sites
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability